Jones Day Callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Jones Day Callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I have one coming up and they're my top choice. Any anecdotes / advice from other callbacks this season?

Anonymous User

Re: Jones Day Callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:26 pm

they love talking about their unique partnership/compensation structure and how all partners share clients.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:they love talking about their unique partnership/compensation structure and how all partners share clients.

titcr

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Can anyone chime in on how long after CB to hearing anything?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have one coming up and they're my top choice. Any anecdotes / advice from other callbacks this season?

First tell us why they are your first choice, and then we might be able to give some advice that is tailored to your reasons.

BTW, I read on Vault or Lateral Link that Jones Day has a reputation as a sweat shop. I had never heard that before, so is that the actual rep?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have one coming up and they're my top choice. Any anecdotes / advice from other callbacks this season?

First tell us why they are your first choice, and then we might be able to give some advice that is tailored to your reasons.

BTW, I read on Vault or Lateral Link that Jones Day has a reputation as a sweat shop. I had never heard that before, so is that the actual rep?

This will vary dramatically by office. Any particular market in mind?

If you check a couple TX OCI threads in this forum, you'll see the recruiting team in the Dallas office, for example, has a pretty great reputation. That office quickly became my top choice after the CB.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any particular market in mind?

OP Here. Midwest office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am

I heard back two days after. Ding letter dated 1 day post callback. SF office

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:38 am

Callback in the bay area, haven't heard anything in over 2 weeks. Emailed the recruiter last week, no reply. Whatever dudes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 am

I was supposed to have a callback, and they cancelled it, saying their summer class was full already. This happened to 2 other people at my school as well. Anyone here?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:I was supposed to have a callback, and they cancelled it, saying their summer class was full already. This happened to 2 other people at my school as well. Anyone here?

Which office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 am

Anyone CB at the Atlanta office? How long until you heard anything?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:00 pm

offer day after callback. ny.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was supposed to have a callback, and they cancelled it, saying their summer class was full already. This happened to 2 other people at my school as well. Anyone here?

Which office?

Mine was SD. The others were some office in TX and SF

sperry

Postby sperry » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Still haven't heard back from a screener 3 weeks ago.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Their reputation is such that their nickname is Jones Days, Nights, and Weekends. That doesn't prove much though. Just look at the smear campaign run against Latham.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Their reputation is such that their nickname is Jones Days, Nights, and Weekends. That doesn't prove much though. Just look at the smear campaign run against Latham.

I've heard from a reputable source that the "Jones Days, Nights, and Weekends" only applies to corporate.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Any further news from the SF or Palo Alto offices?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I've heard from a reputable source that the "Jones Days, Nights, and Weekends" only applies to corporate.

Dude, it's biglaw. Sweatshop applies to everywhere. All NY firms will work many later hours than all other places (save, perhaps, DC). At Jones Day you will work long hours; but you will do the same at every other law firm in the V20. You know what you're getting into.

theduder

Postby theduder » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:06 am

jones, day, and night. clever.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Which office?

Mine was SD. The others were some office in TX and SF

FWIW, I got a CB from JD-Houston late last week.

Return to “Legal Employment”