1L Curious about TX Biglaw Market ITE

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

1L Curious about TX Biglaw Market ITE

Postby DoubleChecks » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:37 pm

im currently a 1L, but im originally from TX and 100% want to go back to TX for the long term and asap. anyone here care to share the general idea of the TX biglaw market right now? what firms are you all spending your 2nd summer at and is it common for TX firms to let you split summers (as i have heard)? i know the TX focused firms at the top are BB, VE, FJ (litigation), but i plan on doing transactional and wonder what 'satellite' offices are also strong in the region.

Re: 1L Curious about TX Biglaw Market ITE

Postby jchoggan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:49 pm

There are already a few topics on TX in the forum... might want to look around.

Houston and Dallas are the only real places that are hiring right now. Austin pulled out of the game for the time being.

Major players include the top three (in either transactional or litigation), but there are a bunch more (JD, HB, LLBL, TK, AG, etc etc).

You may even look into the new Latham office in Houston. They're purely transactional right now, growing quickly, and seem like a headstrong group.

Otherwise, you might want to look at the TX regional/city band rankings in the new US News and World Report Law Firm rankings - http://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/

Return to “Legal Employment”