Minneapolis Offers? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Minneapolis Offers?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Anyone?

Anonymous User

Re: Minneapolis Offers?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Yes. Multiple.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:43 pm

How long after interview did you hear back?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:50 pm

No real norm. Most have been in the 1-2 week ranges. If it's been longer than that, you're probably either dinged or on hold pending first round acceptances. Most firms' recruiting committees meet every week or every two weeks and make offers pretty much immediately following...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:55 pm

No, most of mine were the the week of the 7th. One yesterday. I already received word that I"m still in consideration with one--because they have such a small size for SA program they go through 2 rounds of callbacks. This makes me pretty damn nervous.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dru617

New

Post by dru617 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:01 pm

If anyone knows a lot about the bigger market-paying Minneapolis firms and would be willing to help me decide which offer to accept, please PM me. I'd be very grateful...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:27 pm

I wonder how that works. I go to a school in Minneapolis. As I said, all but a couple of mine were last week, but some firms said they were meeting this past Wednesday. At the same time, I haven't received dings either. Considering that firms have roughly a 45% acceptance rate, how does this work? Would I have still received an offer at that point? Or do they hold out until they hear back and then extend more offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wonder how that works. I go to a school in Minneapolis. As I said, all but a couple of mine were last week, but some firms said they were meeting this past Wednesday. At the same time, I haven't received dings either. Considering that firms have roughly a 45% acceptance rate, how does this work? Would I have still received an offer at that point? Or do they hold out until they hear back and then extend more offers?
My uneducated guess is that you're either on hold or a reject letter is in the process of being mailed..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Got a ding 1 week after CB at a large firm in MN (one of the $110K ones) via snail-mail.

EDIT: I meant $110K, not $120. Sorry.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a ding 1 week after CB at a large firm in MN (one of the $120K ones) via snail-mail.
OP here--Mind sharing which firm?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Any status updates on the $100K or less firms (CB's, offers, etc.)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got a ding 1 week after CB at a large firm in MN (one of the $120K ones) via snail-mail.
OP here--Mind sharing which firm?
3rd Party here - well, there are only two possibilities at this salary that I know of - Briggs and Winthrop.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:54 pm

I go to a "regional" in Minnesota.

CBs:

Faegre- No word

Dorsey- No word

Gray Plant- No word

Oppenheimer- No word

Robins- No word

Lindquist- No word

Felhaber- No word

All of my interviews were relatively recent-- Approx. 1 week give or take a day or two.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I go to a "regional" in Minnesota.

CBs:

Faegre- No word
Dorsey- No word
Gray Plant- No word
Oppenheimer- No word
Robins- No word
Lindquist- No word
Felhaber- No word

All of my interviews were relatively recent-- Approx. 1 week give or take a day or two.
All in one week? Oh my! I am still waiting to hear back from 2 of those firms after my screening. I suppose that means I am on hold for a CB or rejection is in the mail and postman is slow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:32 am

I didn't do ALL of those in one week, but all but 3 of those I did. I wanted to get back to being a student. I am sort of nervous too. No offers, but no rejections. Many of these firms do not do rolling offers, but wait for a cycle or two. Who knows. If I get dinged anywhere, I will let you know.

As far as the CBs are concerned, it depends when you had them. My school was early for the Minneapolis schools. Robins took 2 weeks. Others took about a week. Gray Plant was 2 days.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:27 pm

got an offer from dorsey 1 week after interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:got an offer from dorsey 1 week after interview.
Congrats!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dru617

New

Post by dru617 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:54 pm

to reiterate and expand upon my above plea, i am sitting on six minneapolis offers with top firms and could really use some help deciding from anyone with a decent familiarity with the market. i am not at a twin cities school, thus i don't have the insider knowledge that some of you presumably do. the sooner i can decide, the sooner five firms can make some additional offers, hopefully to some of you who are waiting; so, it's really a win-win. pm me if you're willing to discuss.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:11 pm

When did you interview? I am getting #$&*& nervous. Six callbacks in MPLS, and 0 offers yet? I didn't think this would happen to me.

dru617

New

Post by dru617 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When did you interview? I am getting #$&*& nervous. Six callbacks in MPLS, and 0 offers yet? I didn't think this would happen to me.
The dates are all over the map. Generally speaking, the earlier ones were in late August, and I got those offers maybe two to three weeks ago. Others were just the week before last, and those offers came through this past week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:22 pm

dru617 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When did you interview? I am getting #$&*& nervous. Six callbacks in MPLS, and 0 offers yet? I didn't think this would happen to me.
The dates are all over the map. Generally speaking, the earlier ones were in late August, and I got those offers maybe two to three weeks ago. Others were just the week before last, and those offers came through this past week.
Is it still possible that I would be on hold at these places then? Or am I SOL?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dru617

New

Post by dru617 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dru617 wrote:
I'm sure it's possible that you're on hold, but who really knows how these firms operate. I would say no news is better than bad news, for what little consolation that brings...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm

dru617 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
dru617 wrote:
I'm sure it's possible that you're on hold, but who really knows how these firms operate. I would say no news is better than bad news, for what little consolation that brings...
I go to a good school but not a yale, harvard, or U of Chi. My sense is that maybe they are waiting for the big guns to decline?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Callbacks at these firms are still going on. I have several this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:55 pm

dru617 wrote:to reiterate and expand upon my above plea, i am sitting on six minneapolis offers with top firms and could really use some help deciding from anyone with a decent familiarity with the market. i am not at a twin cities school, thus i don't have the insider knowledge that some of you presumably do. the sooner i can decide, the sooner five firms can make some additional offers, hopefully to some of you who are waiting; so, it's really a win-win. pm me if you're willing to discuss.

Dorsey is the cream of the crop in MN -- former VP Walter F. Mondale works there!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/walter-m ... rview.html

It is the hardest firm to get into in MN (based on their rank requirements, etc.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”