HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:33 pm

has everyone heard from PW by now?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:28 pm

I've heard of people getting offers from DPW, but can anybody confirm a ding? It's been a very long time since my callback, and while I'm certain I've been dinged, I just find it strange that I haven't received any word from them whatsoever.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Anyone heard from Hogan or Arnold & Porter?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Steptoe D.C. offer earlier today after a Friday callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:40 pm

heard of offers made by simpson thacher, freshfields last week and this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Just got an offer from Skadden NYC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:16 pm

DPW has sent rejection letters, but they take their sweet time doing so.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 pm

have there been any cleary rejections?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 am

So is the deafening silence about Hogan and A&P a good indication that they haven't made offers yet? I interviewed with Hogan during flyout week, and they indicated they had made one offer to an HLS student, but he interviewed well before flyout week. Haven't heard anything else.

Would love any info, even hearsay!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:So is the deafening silence about Hogan and A&P a good indication that they haven't made offers yet? I interviewed with Hogan during flyout week, and they indicated they had made one offer to an HLS student, but he interviewed well before flyout week. Haven't heard anything else.

Would love any info, even hearsay!


So did you do the Harvard Callback program with A&P on Thursday? I did that too but have not heard. But my friend who went too it told me he got an A&P offer on Monday :/ i guess my letter is in the mail

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So is the deafening silence about Hogan and A&P a good indication that they haven't made offers yet? I interviewed with Hogan during flyout week, and they indicated they had made one offer to an HLS student, but he interviewed well before flyout week. Haven't heard anything else.

Would love any info, even hearsay!


So did you do the Harvard Callback program with A&P on Thursday? I did that too but have not heard. But my friend who went too it told me he got an A&P offer on Monday :/ i guess my letter is in the mail


Yeah I did. Ugh, I suppose my letter is coming too then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:29 pm

no news from ropes & gray ny?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Quinn NYC

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Quinn NYC


Grades?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm

edit
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:26 pm

K, thanks. Congratulations.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:K, thanks. Congratulations.


np. Good luck to you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Just got offer from Kirkland DC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:45 pm

Offer from Covington NY just now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Any word from Wiley Rein or Gibson Dunn DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:39 pm

is there a cleary offer dinner? if so, when is it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Wiley Rein or Gibson Dunn DC?



Wiley offer Friday of fly-back week. Interviewed during the first half of that week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Cleary NY dinner is this coming Monday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Draft of letter to use when turning down offers from firms:

Dear Firm X:

I enjoyed meeting and speaking with you at your offices recently. You certainly have an outstanding background as a law firm, and I have considered your offer to employ me carefully. Unfortunately, due to the large number of offers I receive for relatively few weeks of summer employment, I regretfully am unable to accept your offer to join your firm at this time.

I know that you will find the type of candidate you are looking for and wish you the very best of luck in that endeavor.

Sincerely,
Law-Talking Guy

P.S. Enclosed please find my NALP firm. Thanks for the meals--room service was great!

User avatar
War Cardinal
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: HLS EIP 2010 Offer Thread

Postby War Cardinal » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Draft of letter to use when turning down offers from firms:

Dear Firm X:

I enjoyed meeting and speaking with you at your offices recently. You certainly have an outstanding background as a law firm, and I have considered your offer to employ me carefully. Unfortunately, due to the large number of offers I receive for relatively few weeks of summer employment, I regretfully am unable to accept your offer to join your firm at this time.

I know that you will find the type of candidate you are looking for and wish you the very best of luck in that endeavor.

Sincerely,
Law-Talking Guy

P.S. Enclosed please find my NALP firm. Thanks for the meals--room service was great!


Dear Law-Talking Guy,

We value your idiocy. We've quoted your words as to ensure the entertainment of future generations.

Sincerely,
Everyone whose time you have wasted




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.