On Hold Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

On Hold

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Got an email from a firm that started off like a typical rejection (very qualified, lots of people, economic constraints, etc...) then ended with a sentence about putting me on a hold list and notifying me within 30 days of whether or not I get an offer.

Essentially, I'm the rebound if they get rejected by one of the candidates they liked more lol. I'm pretty sure firms do this pretty regualarly, but this is the first time I've ever gotten actual written confirmation of it.

Just thought it was funny :)

Anonymous User

Re: On Hold

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got an email from a firm that started off like a typical rejection (very qualified, lots of people, economic constraints, etc...) then ended with a sentence about putting me on a hold list and notifying me within 30 days of whether or not I get an offer.

Essentially, I'm the rebound if they get rejected by one of the candidates they liked more lol. I'm pretty sure firms do this pretty regualarly, but this is the first time I've ever gotten actual written confirmation of it.

Just thought it was funny :)
What firm?

dbt

Silver

Post by dbt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:42 pm

I got one of these too from Skadden NY. They weren't as direct about me being on hold, but that's the only way to explain the language of the letter.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:52 pm

I got one of these too. It was basically a letter saying the interviewer thought I was really cool and that the firm would be a good fit for me, and that they were still seriously considering my application. I know they've already done dings and CBs, so I can't imagine what this letter could be other than a hold.

I don't suppose anything on-hold people could do would be helpful, so I guess I'll just wait on it... :|

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 pm

dbt wrote:I got one of these too from Skadden NY. They weren't as direct about me being on hold, but that's the only way to explain the language of the letter.
I call YP!! :wink:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:17 am

I got a call from the person who interviewed me at OCI saying that I was on a waitlist and they were still interested in me. Two days later I got an offer. My only offer. Very sweet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”