"Being Considered for a Callback"? UPDATE: This was a CB.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

"Being Considered for a Callback"? UPDATE: This was a CB.

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:25 pm

I received the following email this week, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

"We want to inform you that you are currently being considered for a second interview. Interviews will be conducted in our XXX office from mm/dd/yy-mm/dd/yy. At the end of September, we will notify you of the specific date and time for your interview."

The first sentence makes it sound like they haven't decided whether or not I get a CB. Then the last sentence sounds as though I have a CB but they haven't yet chosen a date/time. OCI just got into full swing at my school, and this is the first such email I've gotten so I don't know if this phrasing is typical. Thoughts? Am I reading too much into this?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: "Being Considered for a Callback"?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received the following email this week, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

"We want to inform you that you are currently being considered for a second interview. Interviews will be conducted in our XXX office from mm/dd/yy-mm/dd/yy. At the end of September, we will notify you of the specific date and time for your interview."

The first sentence makes it sound like they haven't decided whether or not I get a CB. Then the last sentence sounds as though I have a CB but they haven't yet chosen a date/time. OCI just got into full swing at my school, and this is the first such email I've gotten so I don't know if this phrasing is typical. Thoughts? Am I reading too much into this?

It sounds like it is a a callback... but you're right, the first sentence is very odd. But it sounds more like a poor phrasing to say --> "we are considering your candidacy and would like you to come in for a second interview."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm the OP. I hope you're right because I'm interested in the firm (I mean, of course I'm interested in any firm ITE, but I really do like the firm).

And I'm thinking you're right because if not I wonder why someone would waste their time letting me know I was merely "being considered" for a CB. Isn't anyone who interviewed basically being considered for a CB? Could it possibly have been an email to say "congrats - you weren't an auto-ding"? Idk. I guess I'll find out by the end of the month.

chup

Postby chup » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Assuming this is A&P?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:00 pm

A&P, as in Amsterdam & Peroff? LOL, no. I'm in a medium-sized secondary market. (It's the OP again obviously.)

topsome

Postby topsome » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Maybe you can reply and ask if you need to make travel arrangements through their travel company. Then you will finally know whether or not you actually received a cb.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:58 pm

(I'm the OP)

topsome wrote:Maybe you can reply and ask if you need to make travel arrangements through their travel company. Then you will finally know whether or not you actually received a cb.

Riiiiiight...I think I'll just wait it out, but thanks for the chuckle.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:39 am

This is interesting. I actually got a call from a V50 in response to mass mail to ask me more specifically what my area of legal interest happened to be. No hint of CB, but the conversation was pleasant. And fortunately I remembered their primary areas of practice. No idea whether or not I should expect something?!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:05 am

I got a call from Wiley Rein that sounded a lot like that. It was a waitlist. Have not heard from them since.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm the OP. Just for anyone who was curious, it was a callback. I got an email last week with all the details. Thanks to those who joined me in excessive analysis of a three-sentence email.

Return to “Legal Employment”