Deloitte

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Deloitte

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Has anyone interviewed or done a summer internship with the accounting & consulting firm Deloitte? If so, can you please elaborate on what kinds of questions are asked on the interview or how the internship was? Does an internship lead to a full time offer in most cases? Thanks

dood

Re: Deloitte

Postby dood » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Last edited by dood on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:38 pm

I worked at Deloitte as an accountant for some time. Don't know if I can help you in any way, since you'd be in a different part of the company, but let me know if I can.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:24 am

dood wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone interviewed or done a summer internship with the accounting & consulting firm Deloitte? If so, can you please elaborate on what kinds of questions are asked on the interview or how the internship was? Does an internship lead to a full time offer in most cases? Thanks

i interviewed with deloitte consulting out of UG. in the screener you will be asked standard interview questions (tell me about a situation....), as well as some simple creative thinking problems (why are manholes round?). in the follow up you will go through at least 3-4 interviewers, each with several detailed case studies in addition to standard interview questions. we also had to do a presentation to panel of 4-5 people on whether or not we should do a due diligence study on opening a manufacturing plant in a 3rd world country where there was a dictatorship, etc, etc (many details, can't remember all of them). i can't remember what else, but it was substantive - make sure to do some research on the types of questions. i recommend Vault's guide to consulting firms and interviews. good luck BRO.

in my opinion, the people in top consulting firms are typically very smart and would probably do equally well in ibanking or top law firms. actually i have many friends who did stints at accenture, deloitte, ZS, followed by law school or Bschool. bottom line it, bring your A game.

this is an accurate statement...i worked as a consultant for three years there. i did my screening interview on the phone, and they were mainly background and behavioral questions. the second round consists of 4 interviews with managers/partners, and one case study interview. at the end of the day, we had to do a group exercise and presentation.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone interviewed or done a summer internship with the accounting & consulting firm Deloitte? If so, can you please elaborate on what kinds of questions are asked on the interview or how the internship was? Does an internship lead to a full time offer in most cases? Thanks

I worked there (not as an accountant) and hated it. The upper management could seriously give 2 sh*ts about what you are interested in - all that matters is that you can make them money. They also laid off about half of my start class. Basically waited until people rolled off projects to do it - had nothing to do w/ performance, literally whenever they were done w/ you, bye-bye. It was a really terrible experience and most of my friends who stayed ended up leaving w/in a year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Thanks for the responses. This position would be in the Lead Tax Services division. Does anyone have experience with this part of the company? Also, would anyone happen to know the salary this would start at (or at Deloitte in general)? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 pm

My roommate from college works there as a tax accountant. During busy season, which is about 1/3 of the year, she is regularly working both weekends and nights until 9 or 10.

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:07 am

Anonymous User wrote: The upper management could seriously give 2 sh*ts about what you are interested in

I just finished a summer internship with them, this was not my experience at all.

Anonymous User wrote:My roommate from college works there as a tax accountant. During busy season, which is about 1/3 of the year, she is regularly working both weekends and nights until 9 or 10.

Audit busy season goes from January-Aprilish. Tax busy season is January-Juneish.

If the OP has questions, PM me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Deloitte like most companies treat summers a little differently than they treat full-time staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your summer and they gave you the impression that they care about what you want out of your career, but don't go in w/ too high of expectations.

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Deloitte like most companies treat summers a little differently than they treat full-time staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your summer and they gave you the impression that they care about what you want out of your career, but don't go in w/ too high of expectations.

Yeah we have no interaction with the rest of the staff............

Return to “Legal Employment”