Mintz Levin NY/Boston

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mintz Levin NY/Boston

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Has anyone heard yet?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Mintz Levin NY

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:23 pm

i was told at my callback that the recruiting committee meets on wednesdays.

Anonymous User

Re: Mintz Levin NY/Boston

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Any news?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i was told at my callback that the recruiting committee meets on wednesdays.

This is consistent with what I know, also, Boston is taking 5 SAs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Any offers/rejections?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:54 am

Any news?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:57 am

Was rejected last week from Boston (post-CB). Received what seemed to be a thoughtful email. I really enjoyed the office and would have considered it over a higher ranked firm. Best of luck to everybody still in the mix.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:Was rejected last week from Boston (post-CB). Received what seemed to be a thoughtful email. I really enjoyed the office and would have considered it over a higher ranked firm. Best of luck to everybody still in the mix.

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind saying around what date your CB was? I'm waiting to hear from the Boston office. Thanks so much, and best of luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:Was rejected last week from Boston (post-CB). Received what seemed to be a thoughtful email. I really enjoyed the office and would have considered it over a higher ranked firm. Best of luck to everybody still in the mix.
Sorry about that. If it's any consolation, they do have a really small summer class. If you don't mind sharing, your school range and when the email came?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 am

Bummer. Sorry. So the ding was an email? Mind sharing what approx. when you CB was?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:11 pm

I got a call last week from Boston saying they would decide soon.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got a call last week from Boston saying they would decide soon.

It was an unsolicited phone call? I wonder if they are doing that for people they like. Did anyone else get this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got a call last week from Boston saying they would decide soon.

It was an unsolicited phone call? I wonder if they are doing that for people they like. Did anyone else get this?
No, although I did get a response after I emailed the recruiter last week, which said that I will hear "within a few weeks."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:34 pm

I was one who posted about the call. No, it wasn't unsolicited, but I've been following up pretty regularly and keeping them updated on what's going on with school, interviews, etc.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was one who posted about the call. No, it wasn't unsolicited, but I've been following up pretty regularly and keeping them updated on what's going on with school, interviews, etc.
Really? Could you elaborate?
Do you mean you called/emailed to tell them about your other interviews and how you were doing in school?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 pm

had CB there VERY recently, they told me maybe up to 3 weeks and asked me to keep them updated on any offers. This was unsolicited info.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind saying around what date your CB was? I'm waiting to hear from the Boston office. Thanks so much, and best of luck!

Sure, CB was around September 7, I go to a t-14, call was earlier this week. Actually have 2 Boston offers I am happy with, so I consider myself very lucky. Did like Mintz alot though. ALL of the people I met there were outstanding.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Sure, CB was around September 7, I go to a t-14, call was earlier this week. Actually have 2 Boston offers I am happy with, so I consider myself very lucky. Did like Mintz alot though. ALL of the people I met there were outstanding.

I had a CB around the same time and have not heard anything. I suppose that's a good thing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Anybody waiting for the New York office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was one who posted about the call. No, it wasn't unsolicited, but I've been following up pretty regularly and keeping them updated on what's going on with school, interviews, etc.
Do you mean you called/emailed to tell them about your other interviews and how you were doing in school?

I don't really want to get into specifics for fear of making myself identifiable.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I don't really want to get into specifics for fear of making myself identifiable.

Silence today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Careful about Mintz Boston if you're not from a Boston School. I've heard that when it came to no offering people, the axe fell on those whose schools were outside of the region, regardless of work product.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Careful about Mintz Boston if you're not from a Boston School. I've heard that when it came to no offering people, the axe fell on those whose schools were outside of the region, regardless of work product.
Not saying that this is necessarily untrue, but how is this ever verifiable? How do you know if the ones that were no offered happened to be the ones that produced lower quality of work? Their summer size is tiny

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Careful about Mintz Boston if you're not from a Boston School. I've heard that when it came to no offering people, the axe fell on those whose schools were outside of the region, regardless of work product.
Not saying that this is necessarily untrue, but how is this ever verifiable? How do you know if the ones that were no offered happened to be the ones that produced lower quality of work? Their summer size is tiny

It's from back when they had a larger summer size. You're right that it's not verifiable per se, but it was the perception of people who summered there that summer and did get offers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Any news?

Return to “Legal Employment”