Cancelling/Keeping CBs but Keeping Flight When Firms Split?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cancelling/Keeping CBs but Keeping Flight When Firms Split?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 am

What if you want to cancel a few cbs but keep a few cbs when the firms are splitting your flight out for that week? I called the travel company moving my flight several times as the cbs came trickling in, I told the travel company that the firms would split the cost. I'm assuming there are flight change fees bc of me moving the dates around but I figured it was fine since the new firms were paying a portion.

McBean

Re: Cancelling/Keeping CBs but Keeping Flight When Firms Split?

Postby McBean » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:14 am

Honestly, I'm not sure what your question is. But if you're asking whether you can cancel a call back or two and still get reimbursed the answer is: It depends. If the length of stay is appropriate for the amount of call backs, then go ahead of cancel. If the length of stay would not be appropriate, i.e. 3 night stay for two call-backs, then either don't cancel a call back or change your flight. I wouldn't worry about the change flight fee, the firm would rather you do that than charge them for an extra night at the hotel.

Anonymous User

Re: Cancelling/Keeping CBs but Keeping Flight When Firms Split?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks but what if I'm not staying at a hotel but at a friend's? It's just the flight.

Return to “Legal Employment”