Baker Hostetler (NY)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Baker Hostetler (NY)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Any offers yet?

Anonymous User

Re: Baker Hostetler (NY)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Dear Baker Hostetler, you guys were hands down the rudest interviewers I've had out of my 11 callbacks. Please tell your partners not to be so abrasive, thank you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dear Baker Hostetler, you guys were hands down the rudest interviewers I've had out of my 11 callbacks. Please tell your partners not to be so abrasive, thank you.

Jesus, what happened? Was this in the NY office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dear Baker Hostetler, you guys were hands down the rudest interviewers I've had out of my 11 callbacks. Please tell your partners not to be so abrasive, thank you.

It was NY. I don't want to go into explicit details and I'm sure everyone has run into a rude interviewer or two but my interviewer violently questioned everything on my resume as if I made it up. The truth was that he/she was an upper middle class Caucasian American and couldn't understand that someone else could possibly accomplish so much or overcome this much adversity at such a young age so therefore I HAD to be lying.

Afterward, another interviewer belittled my prior line of work. I left there feeling like the scum of the earth...

To be fair, some of the associates were really nice. It's fine because I ended up getting a V20 offer and a few V50s but I actually really liked Baker Hostetler from talking to my interviewer at OCI and a few other people working there. It's funny how one or two bad apples could ruin everything.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

It was NY. I don't want to go into explicit details and I'm sure everyone has run into a rude interviewer or two but my interviewer violently questioned everything on my resume as if I made it up. The truth was that he/she was an upper middle class Caucasian American and couldn't understand that someone else could possibly accomplish so much or overcome this much adversity at such a young age so therefore I HAD to be lying.

Afterward, another interviewer belittled my prior line of work. I left there feeling like the scum of the earth...

To be fair, some of the associates were really nice. It's fine because I ended up getting a V20 offer and a few V50s but I actually really liked Baker Hostetler from talking to my interviewer at OCI and a few of the other people working there. It's funny how one or two bad apples could ruin everything.

I had a very similar experience with one of their partners at OCI.

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

To be fair, some of the associates were really nice. It's fine because I ended up getting a V20 offer and a few V50s but I actually really liked Baker Hostetler from talking to my interviewer at OCI and a few of the other people working there. It's funny how one or two bad apples could ruin everything.

LOL @ upper middle class Caucasian American. :mrgreen:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:05 am

Post-CB rejection. Received, like, three freakin' weeks after my CB.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I had a very similar experience with one of their partners at OCI.

+1 One of my interviewers was a huge jerk.

Return to “Legal Employment”