Andrews Kurth

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Andrews Kurth

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Has anyone heard back after doing a callback with them? If so, what was the timeline? Specifically, I am interested in the Dallas office.

Also, I know the firm is called andrews kurth...sorry about the typo guys.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Andrew Kurth

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:45 pm

2 days

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:2 days

Did you get an offer or rejection 2 days after your CB (I am guessing offer)? And was it the Dallas office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:2 days

Did you get an offer or rejection 2 days after your CB (I am guessing offer)? And was it the Dallas office?

Yes and yes. Are you simply trying to fill the second half or would this be your only offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:20 pm

It wouldn't be my only offer, but I loved the firm and the people, and I was just hoping to get an offer. Its been longer than two days though, so a rejection may be coming my way.

Anonymous User

Re: Andrews Kurth

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm

I interviewed here for a 1L SA and I felt the people were complete trash and homogenous. I understand it's Dallas, but it was just really overwhelming for me.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

ETA: I know I'm nerco-ing this post but was didn't want to create a new thread.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed here for a 1L SA and I felt the people were complete trash and homogenous. I understand it's Dallas, but it was just really overwhelming for me.

I have to know what the hell that means.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:09 pm

kalvano wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed here for a 1L SA and I felt the people were complete trash and homogenous. I understand it's Dallas, but it was just really overwhelming for me.

I have to know what the hell that means.

Not first anonymous but I think of Mark Cuban when I think of Dallas. Also Ive heard this sentiment about AK Dallas, oddly its the only firm I've had people tell me stay away from in Dallas. Is AK H-town the same?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:09 pm

They gave out free breakfast tacos and coffee today and the recruiting coordinators for all offices were hot-- young, blonde and perky. Not sure what's with all the hate.

turbotong

Postby turbotong » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They gave out free breakfast tacos and coffee today and the recruiting coordinators for all offices were hot-- young, blonde and perky. Not sure what's with all the hate.

Confirmed at UT. Yes, the 3 hot girls were at the food table and the guys were standing around for conversation.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 pm

turbotong wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They gave out free breakfast tacos and coffee today and the recruiting coordinators for all offices were hot-- young, blonde and perky. Not sure what's with all the hate.

Confirmed at UT. Yes, the 3 hot girls were at the food table and the guys were standing around for conversation.

hot RCs aside, AK is the place to go for corporate in texas (besides maybe BB)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
turbotong wrote:

I know this is a long ways away bump, but why do you say this? I am going there this summer (Houston) for 2nd half and curious about how hard my decision will be between them and V&E

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 am

rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I know this is a long ways away bump, but why do you say this? I am going there this summer (Houston) for 2nd half and curious about how hard my decision will be between them and V&E

Maybe you'll get no-offered at one of both and you won't have a decision

:lol:

justinp

Postby justinp » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
turbotong wrote:

Cap markets league tables have been friendly to them recently, in any case. No idea how they stack up relative to BB/V&E, but AK look to be national-level players in at least some areas of corporate work (if league tables are actually a good indicator, which IDK).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Ouch, both of them, as far as I know, are pretty good about offering most.

I have heard V&E is the top dog in transaction work in TX, that is the only reason I ask.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I have heard V&E is the top dog in transaction work in TX, that is the only reason I ask.

In Houston, V&E is the top dog. HOWEVER, Latham, AK and Bracewell are all also very, very strong in the transactional department. You can't go wrong between those four firms - I say pick on culture. After those 4, its a mix of other firms like Sidley, Locke Lord, Akin Gump, Fulbright, Baker Botts, etc., for transactional work.

And, yes, AK has been killing it in the league tables lately.

Postby 005618502 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

In Houston, V&E is the top dog. HOWEVER, Latham, AK and Bracewell are all also very, very strong in the transactional department. You can't go wrong between those four firms - I say pick on culture. After those 4, its a mix of other firms like Sidley, Locke Lord, Akin Gump, Fulbright, Baker Botts, etc., for transactional work.

And, yes, AK has been killing it in the league tables lately.

I have heard really good things about AK, especially recently. V&E, Baker Botts, Latham are the only ones on that list that pay NYC market in Houston, which would be a huge plus in my opinion

Return to “Legal Employment”