Attire

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Attire

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:12 pm

What is the proper dress for a callback? Is a sport coat and tie sufficient or is the dark gray suit with tie more appropriate? Thanks.

bk1

Re: Attire

Postby bk1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Anything that hides your identity.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What is the proper dress for a callback? Is a sport coat and tie sufficient or is the dark gray suit with tie more appropriate? Thanks.

Is this a serious question?

Same attire as worn on the initial interview.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:19 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
Is this a serious question?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:06 pm

full suit. are you kidding? i can't imagine a city or firm where anything less would be appropriate...

thought i'd share this story for kicks: girl at my school wore knee-high patent leather (aka super shiny) high heeled boots with a skirt, button-down, and a vest (no jacket) to our school's first day of oci. she stuck out like a sore thumb high-priced hooker, poor girl.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:full suit. are you kidding? i can't imagine a city or firm where anything less would be appropriate...

thought i'd share this story for kicks: girl at my school wore knee-high patent leather (aka super shiny) high heeled boots with a skirt, button-down, and a vest (no jacket) to our school's first day of oci. she stuck out like a sore thumb high-priced hooker, poor girl.

Penn? Girl going for a MRS degree?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:full suit. are you kidding? i can't imagine a city or firm where anything less would be appropriate...

indeed

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

indeed

Lol, nice girl though. Id date her.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lol, nice girl though. Id date her.

Sounds like you'll need to get a good job first.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Business formal.

However, I knew one firm I was interviewing with was super-casual (i.e. t-shirts, shorts, flip flops to work), so I wore a pantsuit instead of a skirt suit since they said business casual. However, they refused to go to lunch with me unless I removed my jacket and left it behind. This was an IP firm in San Diego, though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:31 pm

I have a quinn callback coming up. they "strongly suggest" "business casual" attire at the callback... but that's quinn for you.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Go with whatever they told you to wear. If they didn't direct you on what to wear, wear a suit. Navy or charcoal.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:54 pm

Very classy comment...jealous much? I thought we were finally out of high school...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Very classy comment...jealous much? I thought we were finally out of high school...

At no point will people stop commenting on a person whose dress is completely out of place, be it high school, law school, or a firm. Get used to it.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Tits or GTFO.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 am

rayiner wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Tits or GTFO.

literally LOLed

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 am

my pops used to be hiring partner at a firm and wore jeans to interviews. he once hired a kid who showed up in jeans. wear jeans.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:my pops used to be hiring partner at a firm and wore jeans to interviews. he once hired a kid who showed up in jeans. wear jeans.

I give credit where credit is due, but this was a sorry attempt at humor

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:my pops used to be hiring partner at a firm and wore jeans to interviews. he once hired a kid who showed up in jeans. wear jeans.

haha yea, i guess. but true story. the kid stood out (though by accident because something went wrong to cause him to wear jeans).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 am

This person probably has multiple callbacks as well. It's people like this that kill me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:This person probably has multiple callbacks as well. It's people like this that kill me.

depends on the interviews. females probably shut that down immediately.

chup

Postby chup » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:31 am

Hey guys should I wear underwear to my callback or should I go commando? I hear Quinn wants boxer-briefs.

bmontminy

Postby bmontminy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:

haha yea, i guess. but true story. the kid stood out (though by accident because something went wrong to cause him to wear jeans).

Martin Frohm: What would you say if man walked in here with no shirt, and I hired him? What would you say?
Christopher Gardner: He must have had on some really nice pants.

Return to “Legal Employment”