When do SA Programs usually start/end

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When do SA Programs usually start/end

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 pm

If a 10 week program. End of May until mid-Aug? Mid-May until beg of Aug??

Re: When do SA Programs usually start/end

Postby 270910 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Some are totally up to you, many have different start dates you can choose. The problem is schools wind up with wildly different "summers" as a result of the quarter system (Chicago, Stanford, others) vs. the semester system (most schools that aren't Chicago, Stanford, and a few others - but dates still don't align perfectly).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:39 pm

At my summer associate gig last summer, we were given the option of 2 start dates: May 17 or May 24. The program was 10 weeks long. Others I know started June 1. That was probably the latest start date I know of at a firm.

Edit: save, as disco mentioned above, those from Chicago and Stanford who started later. Those were the exception rather than the rule, at least at my firm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm

ok, ty, guys. I didn't realize there were dif start dates. I was trying to gauge how much time I would have at the beg/end of it (if I could go on a quick trip or smthg).

Return to “Legal Employment”