Yes, another one of these... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Kirkland Ellis v. Knobbe Martens (IP)

Kirkland (NYC)
76%
Knobbe (Irvine)
24%

Total votes: 21

Anonymous User

Yes, another one of these...

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Yes, I know these are complete opposites in just about all respects.

Would you give up the money, bonuses (lol), prestige, Training at Kirkland for a still comfortable salary, and higher quality of life at Knobbe?

Also, any insight on exit options? Obviously Kirkland's are great, but what about Knobbe? I've heard some say you can go almost anywhere from a boutique, to others saying it's not nearly as good...

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Yes, another one of these...

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 pm

surprised at finding myself voting for Knobbe, but they seem like a pretty neat balanced place to work at.. Kirkland NY ain't going anywhere even after losing 2 key partners, they're a goliath - but I'd say Knobbe.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:23 pm

A little off-topic OP, but how long after your Kirkland offer did you receive your "offer confirmation" letter?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 am

I honestly wish I could provide more guidance, but you seem on the right track with respect to the benefits Kirkland offers compared to Knobbe (and vice versa).

Something to consider regarding exit options: Because of Kirkland's size, they frequently litigate high profile cases for many brand name clients. This might provide you with more in-house opportunities.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A little off-topic OP, but how long after your Kirkland offer did you receive your "offer confirmation" letter?
I think it was around 4-5 days... I remember it taking a little bit, but there was also a weekend in there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A little off-topic OP, but how long after your Kirkland offer did you receive your "offer confirmation" letter?
I think it was around 4-5 days... I remember it taking a little bit, but there was also a weekend in there.
Are you attending any firm receptions? That might give you some valuable insight into the culture.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”