Big Day of Callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Big Day of Callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 pm

I have a CB with a V50 who is having all of the students that they are calling back meet in the office on one day, and there is a few hours of presentations followed by 1-2 interviews, lasting no more than 45 minutes total.

Can anyone comment if this is very common, or can anyone comment on how they think/feel the offer ratio will be. I have a gut feeling that this may be a 100% offer rate for the people who come (why would they have us all there at the same time), but that may just be my high hopes getting in the way of my bounded rationality. :)

Cavalier

Gold

Re: Big Day of Callbacks

Post by Cavalier » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:16 pm

While I don't know what this means, I can guarantee it doesn't mean a 100% offer rate.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:17 pm

1) very uncommon

2) there's no way it will be a 100% offer rate for people who come - other firms that have done similar things (Skadden and Cravath at the very least, I think I heard about some firms doing it in DC too, especially for Harvard kids) and definitely not given 100% offers.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Locke Lord in Houston did this (granted it was split up b/w 2 days). I would be very hesitant to believe that the offer rate will be 100%. Perhaps 50% is more reasonable. Assuming that this is indeed their only CB day, simple math should provide you with your answer. You should be asking how many students will be attending, how many summers did they have last year, what does NALP suggest the acceptance rate to be in your market?

Pablo Ramirez

Bronze

Post by Pablo Ramirez » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:21 pm

disco_barred wrote:1) very uncommon

2) there's no way it will be a 100% offer rate for people who come - other firms that have done similar things (Skadden and Cravath at the very least, I think I heard about some firms doing it in DC too, especially for Harvard kids) and definitely not given 100% offers.
Yale kids get don't even have to show up to receive offers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Would a lower rate of accepted offers mean that there are likely going to be more offers extended?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I think the problem is that bigger firms call back a TON of Harvard kids and have to pack them all into one week, so they tinker with scheduling a bit. I'm a 2L at HLS and none of the firms I'm interviewing with have done this, but many of them were very difficult to schedule.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think the problem is that bigger firms call back a TON of Harvard kids and have to pack them all into one week, so they tinker with scheduling a bit. I'm a 2L at HLS and none of the firms I'm interviewing with have done this, but many of them were very difficult to schedule.
One V30 in DC is doing this for Harvard callback invitees during flyout week. Presentation to everyone, some interviews, then a reception.

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Red highlight + lame joke = Pablo Ramirez (the poster)? I vote yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”