Schedules of CB Intervewers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Schedules of CB Intervewers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:10 pm

I had a call to setup a callback on Thursday morning last week, and have so far (Fri., Sat., and Sun.) not received any follow up email listing my interviewers for my CB late next week.

Is it appropriate to email Hiring Coordinator re: schedule and, more importantly, listing that I am interested in certain practice areas and would prefer to interview with attorneys in those areas if possible.

[FWIW, I am local so there is no traveling logistics here].

spondee

Re: Schedules of CB Intervewers

Postby spondee » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Too soon. Contact them the day before if you still haven't heard who you're interviewing with.

And mine always asked what practice areas I was into when I scheduled the CB. So I dunno about that. Seems fair to contact the recruiting person soon for that.
Last edited by spondee on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doyleoil

Postby doyleoil » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:12 pm

spondee wrote:Too soon. Contact them the day before if you haven't heard.

This.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:20 pm

spondee wrote:And mine always asked what practice areas I was into when I scheduled the CB. So I dunno about that. Seems fair to contact the recruiting person soon for that.

OK, I understand - but logistically, if I am interested in certain areas (because this firm is full-service but some practice areas are of zero interest to me) wouldn't it make sense to let them know as soon as possible so they can schedule the appropriate interviewers?

I ask because at my last CB, I had 2 interviews in areas I was not interested in, so it was harder to connect with the interviewers since it was clear there was no mutual interest.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Most firms allow you to contact the recruiter within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment for a list of your CB interviewers (subject to last minute change, of course). Some firms, however, refuse to give any such list, so that you go in cold.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:30 pm

If you talked about your possible practice areas of interest in your CL/screener, recruiting coordinators usually try to accommodate your interests when scheduling. But yeah, of the CB's I've head, I've received a schedule the day before, if at all. And even those are not only subject, but likely, to change, based on clients' needs and other conflicts.

noquieromas

Postby noquieromas » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:46 pm

The better your CB interviewers line up w/ your interests, the better your CBs will go. As long as you're diplomatic in contacting the recruiting dept to inform them of your interests, you will be fine.

I'd just say something like: "I forgot to tell you about my areas of interest when we talked to schedule my CB. In the event it's helpful to you, I'm interested in x, y and z."

Nothing to lose by doing this, IMHO.

Return to “Legal Employment”