Prepping for CIA Interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:24 am

Anyone who has done CIA OCI in the past or is familiar with their hiring practices know the types of questions they will be asking during the interview?

The information in symplicity was incredibly vague (tbh it literally said NOTHING under job description or hiring criteria), and I don't exactly know how this will go.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:06 am

Your school brings the CIA to interview at OCI? Lucky.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Your school brings the CIA to interview at OCI? Lucky.


My school is actually relatively low tier1 on west coast, although this had me worried as well (i.e. I have a 0% chance anyways since im not S/H/Y)

Anyways its quite strange, we don't even know the name of the person interviewing us (simply first name and an initial). I really don't know what to make of this interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Your school brings the CIA to interview at OCI? Lucky.



Columbia does this, too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who has done CIA OCI in the past or is familiar with their hiring practices know the types of questions they will be asking during the interview?

The information in symplicity was incredibly vague (tbh it literally said NOTHING under job description or hiring criteria), and I don't exactly know how this will go.



OP, check out this link on Autoadmit discussing the agency. There is even a PDF describing what they do:

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?threa ... forum_id=2

HTH

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who has done CIA OCI in the past or is familiar with their hiring practices know the types of questions they will be asking during the interview?

The information in symplicity was incredibly vague (tbh it literally said NOTHING under job description or hiring criteria), and I don't exactly know how this will go.



OP, check out this link on Autoadmit discussing the agency. There is even a PDF describing what they do:

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?threa ... forum_id=2

HTH


Thanks for the link. Reading this makes me wonder why they even selected me for an interview...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who has done CIA OCI in the past or is familiar with their hiring practices know the types of questions they will be asking during the interview?

The information in symplicity was incredibly vague (tbh it literally said NOTHING under job description or hiring criteria), and I don't exactly know how this will go.



OP, check out this link on Autoadmit discussing the agency. There is even a PDF describing what they do:

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?threa ... forum_id=2

HTH


Thanks for the link. Reading this makes me wonder why they even selected me for an interview...



YW. Yeah, seems intense, to say the least.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:YW. Yeah, seems intense, to say the least.


At this point I am thinking 1 of 2 things:

#1 - People at my school underapplied because they are hippies/thought they had no chance/didnt see the post
#2 - They were actually only interested in one or two candidates (based on some special credentials/experience) and simply chose the rest at random to mock during the interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Prepping for CIA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:YW. Yeah, seems intense, to say the least.


At this point I am thinking 1 of 2 things:

#1 - People at my school underapplied because they are hippies/thought they had no chance/didnt see the post
#2 - They were actually only interested in one or two candidates (based on some special credentials/experience) and simply chose the rest at random to mock during the interview.



Do they prescreen at your school?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.