Formal Offers?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Formal Offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:33 am

After receiving an oral offer by phone, how long does it usually take before they mail you the formal offer? Or are most people receiving copies by email? If mailed, I would have thought that it was done same-day, but I've been waiting a few days past when I should have received it (even assuming the mail was slow).

Anonymous User

Re: Formal Offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:34 pm

yea ive been waiting 8 days since phone call and mailbox still empty. they also said they would email a copy, so not sure why i haven't received that either..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:43 pm

My offer letters often come ~10+ days later in the mail. Amusingly they are all dated the same day as the phone call, which is important because technically the date of the offer letter is the date used for calculating the NALP 28 day window.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:19 pm

call on thursday afternoon, letter on monday (dated friday). NYC

nalp deadline calculated from the friday date.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:After receiving an oral offer by phone, how long does it usually take before they mail you the formal offer? Or are most people receiving copies by email? If mailed, I would have thought that it was done same-day, but I've been waiting a few days past when I should have received it (even assuming the mail was slow).

Took about a week here. Kind of dicey not to same day it when they know that the offer might cause you to withdraw your callbacks before you realize that you should keep your options open at least until the background check mentioned in the letter clears.

Return to “Legal Employment”