Chicago Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats! I'm still waiting on them...school range + stats (if you're comfortable saying)?


NU/UofC T10%, LR, WE.

Anonymous User wrote:From my own experience I would say they meet either Monday or Tuesday.


They told me they meet on Tuesday. I was there later last week (Thurs/Fri), thought it was one of my better callbacks, and also haven't heard back.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:39 am

Any Katten/Winston/Schiff offers today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 am

Has anyone heard of offers yet from Jones Day Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Any McDermott or Baker & McKenzie dings/offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Any dings out there this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Schiff ding in the mail yesterday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Sidley offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sidley offer.


When was your interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sidley offer.


When was your interview?


Middle of last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Schiff ding in the mail yesterday.


When was your callback? Also, what school, if you don't mind me asking?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Schiff ding in the mail yesterday.


When was your callback? Also, what school, if you don't mind me asking?



No callback, just a post-screening ding that took a while. I am at NU.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:11 am

McDermott offer as of 30 mins ago (9/24).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:McDermott offer as of 30 mins ago (9/24).



Congrats!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:McDermott offer as of 30 mins ago (9/24).



Congrats!



Thank you sir/ma'am. First response of 5 CBs - everything from here on is a bumper crop.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:McDermott offer as of 30 mins ago (9/24).



Congrats!



Thank you sir/ma'am. First response of 5 CBs - everything from here on is a bumper crop.



Can you please share when you had your CB, and with which practice you interviewed?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Any other Offers/Rejects?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Dinged at Katten today. I didn't like the firm at my callback so it would be no big if I had other offers at this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dinged at Katten today. I didn't like the firm at my callback so it would be no big if I had other offers at this point.


When was your CB and what school if you don't mind me asking? Also, letter in mail today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dinged at Katten today. I didn't like the firm at my callback so it would be no big if I had other offers at this point.


When was your CB and what school if you don't mind me asking? Also, letter in mail today?


Letter in the mail, callback late last week. Would prefer not to disclose the school.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dinged at Katten today. I didn't like the firm at my callback so it would be no big if I had other offers at this point.


When was your CB and what school if you don't mind me asking? Also, letter in mail today?


Letter in the mail, callback late last week. Would prefer not to disclose the school.


Anyone else with Katten info?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any McDermott or Baker & McKenzie dings/offers?


Anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard of offers yet from Jones Day Chicago?


I second this question - Jones Day anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard of offers yet from Jones Day Chicago?


I second this question - Jones Day anyone?


I know of someone at CCN with an offer from Jones Day (Chi)--received at least a week ago. I don't have any more info.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard of offers yet from Jones Day Chicago?


I second this question - Jones Day anyone?


I know of someone at CCN with an offer from Jones Day (Chi)--received at least a week ago. I don't have any more info.


I should probably know this - what is CCN?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:03 pm

CCN=Chicago, Columbia, NYU




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.