Chicago Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Figured I'd start this thread so we could all get an idea of where we stand after CBs are over. It seems like a few NY firms have started giving offers but havent heard about any Chicago offers given after callbacks yet. So if you get one or know of someone who has gotten one, please post and let us know which firm it came from! And the time between CB and offer. And anything else helpful that you feel comfortable giving!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Figured I'd start this thread so we could all get an idea of where we stand after CBs are over. It seems like a few NY firms have started giving offers but havent heard about any Chicago offers given after callbacks yet. So if you get one or know of someone who has gotten one, please post and let us know which firm it came from! And the time between CB and offer. And anything else helpful that you feel comfortable giving!


You asking for offers from Chicago firms or officers, or offers to UofC students?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Sounds like he/she means Chicago firms.

I got Jenner & Block offer 2 days after my interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:10 pm

City of Chicago, Not U of C

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Sidley. 1 week turnaround.

(according to Northwestern thread).

Anyone know the cb/offer ratio for Sidley or Mayer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Anyone interview with K&E yet? Particularly in the IP group, but generally would be interesting too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone interview with K&E yet? Particularly in the IP group, but generally would be interesting too.


Interviewed with IP group nearly 3 weeks ago now. Crickets so far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone interview with K&E yet? Particularly in the IP group, but generally would be interesting too.


Interviewed with IP group nearly 3 weeks ago now. Crickets so far.

I assume that was from the Loyola patent fair?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Anyone have a CB and/or offer from Winston & Strawn?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a CB and/or offer from Winston & Strawn?

I have a callback scheduled for a couple weeks from now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:54 pm

has anyone had a callback/received an offer from katten?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a CB and/or offer from Winston & Strawn?

I have a callback scheduled for a couple weeks from now.


Had a callback...radio silence for the week since.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:17 pm

How long after a callback should I start to freak out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:25 pm

has anyone (other than the one poster above) had any experience with jenner cbs? does everyone that's getting an offer hear w/in 2 days? how do you hear? has anyone been rejected post-cb yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone (other than the one poster above) had any experience with jenner cbs? does everyone that's getting an offer hear w/in 2 days? how do you hear? has anyone been rejected post-cb yet?

i interviewed over a week ago and still nada. :(

Anonymous User wrote:How long after a callback should I start to freak out?

i wish i knew the answer to this. I had 6 CBs in Chicago last week and have yet to hear anything and am starting to get juuuust a bit worried :/

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone interview with K&E yet? Particularly in the IP group, but generally would be interesting too.


Interviewed with IP group nearly 3 weeks ago now. Crickets so far.

I assume that was from the Loyola patent fair?


Yup.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a CB and/or offer from Winston & Strawn?

I have a callback scheduled for a couple weeks from now.


Had a callback...radio silence for the week since.



Let us know when you do hear back - I will do the same.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I have on information and belief that Kirkland Chicago isn't planning on making any offers until late September.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have on information and belief that Kirkland Chicago isn't planning on making any offers until late September.

I was told a couple days ago that they would be doing rolling-basis offers throughout. So really, who knows?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:42 pm

any word on offers from mcdermott or skadden?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have on information and belief that Kirkland Chicago isn't planning on making any offers until late September.


Kirkland Chicago has made at least one offer already, so you heard wrong.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:43 pm

I got an offer from Jenner a little short of a week after CB. Had a Paul Hastings CB and have yet to hear anything (more than a week).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:17 am

Updates?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Skadden Chi today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Chicago Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden Chi today


When was your CB?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.