Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:46 am

Anyone know the CB to Offer Ratio for either the NJ or DC office of Patton Boggs?

Or has anyone who had a callback at either office heard anything final yet?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know the CB to Offer Ratio for either the NJ or DC office of Patton Boggs?


Bump? Anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know the CB to Offer Ratio for either the NJ or DC office of Patton Boggs?


Bump? Anyone?


have not heard anything final. i did mine about a week ago and the HR lady told me it'd be the end of september before they decided because they were just starting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know the CB to Offer Ratio for either the NJ or DC office of Patton Boggs?


Bump? Anyone?


have not heard anything final. i did mine about a week ago and the HR lady told me it'd be the end of september before they decided because they were just starting.


For which office, if you don't mind me asking? My CB with the DC office is next week. Would feel much better if they were only just starting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 pm

hi~

did you mean the HR lady from the NJ or DC office?

also, did anyone receive any offers or hear about any offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 am

For those unaware the nj office only defends the contractors and city of ny against the 9/11 first responders with health issues.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:41 am

I had a callback in DC at the end of August and was rejected about ten days after that. They knew I had an offer deadline coming up though, so that might have been what prompted them to reject so promptly... or maybe it was something I said:)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Any word from the NJ office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Did anyone do a cb interview with the newark office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone do a cb interview with the newark office?

Yes

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Awesome. Which school are you from, if you don't mind me asking. And have you heard back from them yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Awesome. Which school are you from, if you don't mind me asking. And have you heard back from them yet?

Rutgers/Seton Hall Top 2% LR. Good Interviewer. No WE.
REJECTED
Can't remember how long it took to hear 2 weeksish

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Awesome. Which school are you from, if you don't mind me asking. And have you heard back from them yet?

Rutgers/Seton Hall Top 2% LR. Good Interviewer. No WE.
REJECTED
Can't remember how long it took to hear 2 weeksish


Hey, how did they get back to you? Email, snail? I've been waiting 3 weeks now and still no word. I don't know what this means!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Rejected by the DC office this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Awesome. Which school are you from, if you don't mind me asking. And have you heard back from them yet?

Rutgers/Seton Hall Top 2% LR. Good Interviewer. No WE.
REJECTED
Can't remember how long it took to hear 2 weeksish


Hey, how did they get back to you? Email, snail? I've been waiting 3 weeks now and still no word. I don't know what this means!

Snail mail.
Probably a reject or on hold. Do you have anything else?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Awesome. Which school are you from, if you don't mind me asking. And have you heard back from them yet?

Rutgers/Seton Hall Top 2% LR. Good Interviewer. No WE.
REJECTED
Can't remember how long it took to hear 2 weeksish


Hey, how did they get back to you? Email, snail? I've been waiting 3 weeks now and still no word. I don't know what this means!

Snail mail.
Probably a reject or on hold. Do you have anything else?


Thanks for the response. I have had 6 CBs and have heard NOTHING from any of them! 3 of my CBs were 3 weeks ago. Any insight you might have would be great! :D

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Thanks for the response. I have had 6 CBs and have heard NOTHING from any of them! 3 of my CBs were 3 weeks ago. Any insight you might have would be great! :D[/quote]

Where are the callbacks and what stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the response. I have had 6 CBs and have heard NOTHING from any of them! 3 of my CBs were 3 weeks ago. Any insight you might have would be great! :D


Where are the callbacks and what stats?[/quote]

Top 15% T-30 but transfered into the T14. My CBs were mostly in NJ. Any opinions?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the response. I have had 6 CBs and have heard NOTHING from any of them! 3 of my CBs were 3 weeks ago. Any insight you might have would be great! :D


Where are the callbacks and what stats?


Top 15% T-30 but transfered into the T14. My CBs were mostly in NJ. Any opinions?[/quote]

What sort of connection do you have to NJ because that might be the problem.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the response. I have had 6 CBs and have heard NOTHING from any of them! 3 of my CBs were 3 weeks ago. Any insight you might have would be great! :D


Where are the callbacks and what stats?


Top 15% T-30 but transfered into the T14. My CBs were mostly in NJ. Any opinions?[/quote]

If you don't have a major connection to NJ you might be in trouble. By major, I mean born and raised there. Of all the CBs I did, the only rejection I got was from Patton NJ (not nearly the highest ranked firm CBed). The first question I was asked by all four interviewers was "why do you want to be in NJ?" because I go to one of the NY schools in CCN. Of my 30 minute interviews, this was what we talked about for at least 15 minutes with all but one of the interviewers. Somehow, having lived in NJ for more than a decade, still living there while going to law school in NY, having kids in school there, having a wife who was born and raised there, and having my kids' grandparents and uncles living there was not enough to persuade them that I wasn't just slumming it in NJ because I couldn't get a job in NYC (though I've gotten several offers in NYC). They were extremely concerned that people who were going to work in Patton NJ really, REALLY want to be in NJ.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the response. I have had 6 CBs and have heard NOTHING from any of them! 3 of my CBs were 3 weeks ago. Any insight you might have would be great! :D


Where are the callbacks and what stats?


Top 15% T-30 but transfered into the T14. My CBs were mostly in NJ. Any opinions?


If you don't have a major connection to NJ you might be in trouble. By major, I mean born and raised there. Of all the CBs I did, the only rejection I got was from Patton NJ (not nearly the highest ranked firm CBed). The first question I was asked by all four interviewers was "why do you want to be in NJ?" because I go to one of the NY schools in CCN. Of my 30 minute interviews, this was what we talked about for at least 15 minutes with all but one of the interviewers. Somehow, having lived in NJ for more than a decade, still living there while going to law school in NY, having kids in school there, having a wife who was born and raised there, and having my kids' grandparents and uncles living there was not enough to persuade them that I wasn't just slumming it in NJ because I couldn't get a job in NYC (though I've gotten several offers in NYC). They were extremely concerned that people who were going to work in Patton NJ really, REALLY want to be in NJ.[/quote]

I noticed that too! The whole NJ thing was huge for them, and I DO have strong connections to NJ and REALLY wanna practice there! I was almost offended at having to defend my Jersey roots, as I had spent the first 18 years of my life there, went to high school in the garden state, etc.! I hope I was able to convey this loyalty to them, and hope I don't have to wait a 4th week to hear back.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
If you don't have a major connection to NJ you might be in trouble. By major, I mean born and raised there. Of all the CBs I did, the only rejection I got was from Patton NJ (not nearly the highest ranked firm CBed). The first question I was asked by all four interviewers was "why do you want to be in NJ?" because I go to one of the NY schools in CCN. Of my 30 minute interviews, this was what we talked about for at least 15 minutes with all but one of the interviewers. Somehow, having lived in NJ for more than a decade, still living there while going to law school in NY, having kids in school there, having a wife who was born and raised there, and having my kids' grandparents and uncles living there was not enough to persuade them that I wasn't just slumming it in NJ because I couldn't get a job in NYC (though I've gotten several offers in NYC). They were extremely concerned that people who were going to work in Patton NJ really, REALLY want to be in NJ.


I noticed that too! The whole NJ thing was huge for them, and I DO have strong connections to NJ and REALLY wanna practice there! I was almost offended at having to defend my Jersey roots, as I had spent the first 18 years of my life there, went to high school in the garden state, etc.! I hope I was able to convey this loyalty to them, and hope I don't have to wait a 4th week to hear back.


I bet you're safe. As I said, I got the rejection already. If you haven't been rejected yet, I bet an offer is forthcoming! Good luck! (And, kudos on the Jersey roots. I like it here.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
If you don't have a major connection to NJ you might be in trouble. By major, I mean born and raised there. Of all the CBs I did, the only rejection I got was from Patton NJ (not nearly the highest ranked firm CBed). The first question I was asked by all four interviewers was "why do you want to be in NJ?" because I go to one of the NY schools in CCN. Of my 30 minute interviews, this was what we talked about for at least 15 minutes with all but one of the interviewers. Somehow, having lived in NJ for more than a decade, still living there while going to law school in NY, having kids in school there, having a wife who was born and raised there, and having my kids' grandparents and uncles living there was not enough to persuade them that I wasn't just slumming it in NJ because I couldn't get a job in NYC (though I've gotten several offers in NYC). They were extremely concerned that people who were going to work in Patton NJ really, REALLY want to be in NJ.


I noticed that too! The whole NJ thing was huge for them, and I DO have strong connections to NJ and REALLY wanna practice there! I was almost offended at having to defend my Jersey roots, as I had spent the first 18 years of my life there, went to high school in the garden state, etc.! I hope I was able to convey this loyalty to them, and hope I don't have to wait a 4th week to hear back.


I bet you're safe. As I said, I got the rejection already. If you haven't been rejected yet, I bet an offer is forthcoming! Good luck! (And, kudos on the Jersey roots. I like it here.)


Dude, THANKS! I really appreciate the encouragement. One other thing I wanted to ask anyone about concerns the liability of a T-14 education. It seems like A LOT of people who I interviewed at NJ firms were from Rutgers or Seton Hall. I can't shake the paranoid feeling that these firms will prefer applicants from these schools and wanted to get some imput about this!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 pm

I plan on applying to as many NJ firms as I can next year, and I've also been thinking about this whole "NJ connections thing" and wonder how safe I am when it comes to that topic. I moved to Jersey when I was baby and lived there until I went to college. So essentially I spent my whole pre-college life there. While I went to college and law school outside of Jersey, it was honestly just see a bit of the world outside of NJ, but always with hopes of returning home. My family still lives in NJ, my longtime gf and her family still live in NJ, and its a place I would spend the rest of my life in. So I wonder if they will hold it against me that I chose to do undergrad and law school in a city outside of the mid-atlantic.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Patton Boggs NJ/DC Callback/Offer Ratio

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I plan on applying to as many NJ firms as I can next year, and I've also been thinking about this whole "NJ connections thing" and wonder how safe I am when it comes to that topic. I moved to Jersey when I was baby and lived there until I went to college. So essentially I spent my whole pre-college life there. While I went to college and law school outside of Jersey, it was honestly just see a bit of the world outside of NJ, but always with hopes of returning home. My family still lives in NJ, my longtime gf and her family still live in NJ, and its a place I would spend the rest of my life in. So I wonder if they will hold it against me that I chose to do undergrad and law school in a city outside of the mid-atlantic.


I'm the rejected applicant from above. I don't see your ties to NJ as being any stronger than mine and they didn't think mine were strong enough. I also believe going to an NYC T14 hurt me, too. So, if you're in that position, you might encounter the same difficulties I did. Right or wrong, they seem to believe no one would want to be in NJ if they could be in NYC, and that if you go to NYU or CLS you could get an NYC job, or you couldn't and are just slumming it in NJ because you couldn't do better. I'm certain that, strictly for getting a job there, I would have been much better off going to Rutgers or Seton Hall.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.