great screening -> no callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: great screening -> no callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wait you don't put your portfolio on the table?

Have I been making a faux pas by doing that?

I keep it on my lap during a CB when there is a desk (since people are picky about what can be on their desk, a lot of times). I put it on the table during an interview with the screening. I don't think it matters.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:16 am

well well, I've created quite a thread.
Anyway, found an invitation to a callback in my junk mail folder, and in my voice mail - from a week ago, emailed the screening interviewer asap apologizing - got a reply back within 2 minutes saying he's very happy i got back to them because he thought i was a good fit.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone had this happen? I had the mother of all screenings, joked about sports, work, he told me how he had very similar background experiences as me....

Been two weeks, chirp chirp.

I got immediate dings from ones that I thought went well, and CBs for ones I didn't. I personally know for me that I am way too informal in most interview settings. If the interviewer is all business, then I follow and I tend to do a lot better. If the interviewer wants to chat, I chat, and it seems to not go so well. Maybe my personality sucks? haha.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:33 pm

An interviewer told me that I was really going to love it at the firm. And I got dinged via mail a few days later. :?:

Return to “Legal Employment”