(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Re: what criteria are you using to judge a firm?

Postby 12262010 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:52 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if this were happening at CLS. Your classmates are outstanding people, though. They are not going to come find me and tell me all about the multiple offers they have. (The data I have may thus be less than a true representation, if people are looking out for me in this way.) I am curious to get a sense of this, though. Would you say it's just the top of the class, or a more widespread phenomenon at this point?

I'd say a good portion of the people with multiple offers are probably top 1/3 or higher, but I also know a good number of people below median with a lot of callbacks (more than 5) and with more than one offer already.

Postby 12262010 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
Yea.... my school is a teensy bit weaker than Columbia, hehe. Btw, Booya can you tell your classmates to stay out of Boston? K, thx. I keep having flashbacks to that South Park Episode - "They took our jobs!" I only say this because during the callback I was on I met a Columbia guy doing the same.

Well, I only bid on NYC, so I will not be taking your jerb.

I've been jokingly calling transfers Goobacks.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:08 pm

radek wrote:
booyakasha wrote:
radek wrote:
I guess you can thank Bush and Obama for bailing out all the NYC banks and thus indirectly giving law firms money to hire SAs in NYC. The rest of the country seems to be struggling.

um... ok.

just tellin it like it is

Fairly unnecessarily so. No one gives a shit why NYC is hiring, so long as it is.

Our OCI appears to be going rather badly but it's too early to judge.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:49 pm

booyakasha wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if this were happening at CLS. Your classmates are outstanding people, though. They are not going to come find me and tell me all about the multiple offers they have. (The data I have may thus be less than a true representation, if people are looking out for me in this way.) I am curious to get a sense of this, though. Would you say it's just the top of the class, or a more widespread phenomenon at this point?

I'd say a good portion of the people with multiple offers are probably top 1/3 or higher, but I also know a good number of people below median with a lot of callbacks (more than 5) and with more than one offer already.

Oh, I am glad things are going well! I mean, you go to CLS, so of course they are, but it's still good to hear positive, happy news, especially as it concerns people further down in the class.

(Rayiner gets mad if I denigrate my academic performance, but it wasn't good enough. I won't get a large firm job ITE, but I would have been pretty miserably unhappy in one. I have something very good for the school year, so I'll be fine.)

To Dres: TITCR regarding NYC hiring. I hope things pick up very soon for you guys!

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:51 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
To Dres: TITCR regarding NYC hiring. I hope things pick up very soon for you guys!

Seeing your post reminds me that I now have a new number that I need to call you from. Will be in touch shortly.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:15 pm

dresden doll wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

Seeing your post reminds me that I now have a new number that I need to call you from. Will be in touch shortly.

<3. Please see your PM!

Postby 20160810 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:17 pm

1.) If they'll hire me

2.) Location/QOL
3.) Money

Return to “Legal Employment”