OCI call backs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
como

Re: OCI call backs

Postby como » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:37 pm

dresden doll wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
dresden doll wrote:I wish our OCS wasn't so useless that it can't even provide us with CBs to offer ratios.

I'm sure they have it. They probably just aren't giving it to you.

I don't understand the rationale for that, if so.

I don't like it either, but does it matter either way?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 pm

dresden doll wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
dresden doll wrote:I wish our OCS wasn't so useless that it can't even provide us with CBs to offer ratios.

Ask your OCS

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Ask your OCS

And how would that convo go over?

Me: I'd like CB to offers ratio for firms that have interviewed at our OCI.
OCS: We don't have that info.
Me: Lies. You have it; you're just withholding it. What's your rationale for withholding it?

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:44 pm

The ratios really don't matter though do they? I mean they either make you unnecessarily confident or unnecessarily anxious. They really have very little bearing on what your personal chances are.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:53 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:The ratios really don't matter though do they? I mean they either make you unnecessarily confident or unnecessarily anxious. They really have very little bearing on what your personal chances are.

True, but it is nice knowing what the results were in the past.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:The ratios really don't matter though do they? I mean they either make you unnecessarily confident or unnecessarily anxious. They really have very little bearing on what your personal chances are.

The same is true of law school placement stats generally.

Postby 12262010 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:57 pm

I definitely consulted the CB/offer ratio and the total number of offers when making my bidlist.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:41 pm

booyakasha wrote:

I definitely consulted the CB/offer ratio and the total number of offers when making my bidlist.

As did I.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:27 am

12262010 wrote:

They definitely matter... Even if the smaller differences don't mean as much to each indiv., for example with HLS's info its very useful to see who treats the CB as another evaluation stage (so 50~60% make it) and who basically just want to make sure you're not totally off the wall (80~90% make it).

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
12262010 wrote:

They definitely matter... Even if the smaller differences don't mean as much to each indiv., for example with HLS's info its very useful to see who treats the CB as another evaluation stage (so 50~60% make it) and who basically just want to make sure you're not totally off the wall (80~90% make it).

i agree the HLS stats are pretty useful, but I'd still prefer GPA data (median # of H for CB etc). Why can't we have both? :)

Army2Law

Postby Army2Law » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:28 pm

KMaine wrote:surreal

You went to the firm with the dripping clocks in the lobby as well?

180. Literally lol'd

Return to “Legal Employment”