Taking/Referring To Notes during CB Interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Kohinoor

Re: Taking/Referring To Notes during CB Interview

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:07 am

It's fine as long as you clarify beforehand that you suffer from mild autism.

nahmorlah

Postby nahmorlah » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:46 am

As long as it's just a quick glance, I think it's fine. If the vast majority of the time, you are looking at the interviewer and then, every once in a while you look at your notes, I don't think anyone cares. Don't take notes though.

PiersonVee

Postby PiersonVee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:51 am

Just don't be awkward.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:06 am

nahmorlah wrote:As long as it's just a quick glance, I think it's fine. If the vast majority of the time, you are looking at the interviewer and then, every once in a while you look at your notes, I don't think anyone cares. Don't take notes though.

I've been on quite a few interviews and have never encountered a moment where it seemed natural to look at my notes for a second.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 am

Don't do it. You will have a minute or two between interviewers--what I generally do is to tape my interviewers' names and questions inside my portfolio. If I can't remember who the next person is or what questions I want to ask, I sneak a very quick glance at it between interviews (just quickly opening my binder, and shutting it again; usually when the interviewer is in front of me, leading me to the next person). Definitely not during an interview, though.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Don't do it. You will have a minute or two between interviewers--what I generally do is to tape my interviewers' names and questions inside my portfolio. If I can't remember who the next person is or what questions I want to ask, I sneak a very quick glance at it between interviews (just quickly opening my binder, and shutting it again; usually when the interviewer is in front of me, leading me to the next person). Definitely not during an interview, though.

And even that only works if you're not being picked up by your next interviewer.

NYAssociate

Postby NYAssociate » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:51 am

Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:59 am

Kohinoor wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Don't do it. You will have a minute or two between interviewers--what I generally do is to tape my interviewers' names and questions inside my portfolio. If I can't remember who the next person is or what questions I want to ask, I sneak a very quick glance at it between interviews (just quickly opening my binder, and shutting it again; usually when the interviewer is in front of me, leading me to the next person). Definitely not during an interview, though.

And even that only works if you're not being picked up by your next interviewer.

I suppose so. Actually, I have never been picked up by the next interviewer. I am always led to the next one by the previous one.

Return to “Legal Employment”