directly emailing partners Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

directly emailing partners

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:22 pm

screening interview didn't go so well (guy from diff. office, diff. practice area).
I am very interested in firm.

is it ever appropriate to direct-email a partner who does the practice area im interested in

paratactical

Platinum

Re: directly emailing partners

Post by paratactical » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:39 pm

paratactical wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:screening interview didn't go so well (guy from diff. office, diff. practice area).
I am very interested in firm.

is it ever appropriate to direct-email a partner who does the practice area im interested in
If you know them personally or have been introduced to them personally by someone you know, sure. Otherwise, wtf are you thinking? Of course not.
+1

I would imagine they would be more annoyed that impressed by the fact you're implying that they're apart of the HR dept.

trickydicky

New

Post by trickydicky » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Hell why not? unless you are completely come off like a whiny jerk, I don't see how it could hurt. Maybe the partner will like your initiative and cut you a break. Be shameless if this really is the legal job of your dreams!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:26 pm

I also have the feeling that you have nothing to lose (especially after a bad screening interview), of course you need some legitimate reasons to initiate the correspondence.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Connelly

Bronze

Post by Connelly » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Probably not much to lose.

Better option would be to wait outside the partner's house and then approach from behind while he's letting his dog out.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Connelly wrote:Probably not much to lose.

Better option would be to wait outside the partner's house and then approach from behind while he's letting his dog out.
I've heard it's best to find them either at their favorite happy hour or golf course with their favorite drink ready for them. That will get you the job for sure!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:40 pm

paratactical wrote:
Connelly wrote:Probably not much to lose.

I've heard it's best to find them either at their favorite happy hour or golf course with their favorite drink ready for them. That will get you the job for sure!
I think an invitation to play Russian Roulette would entice more partners from what I hear.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:45 pm

I say do it. The worst that happens is that he ignores your email then immediately forget about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”