Kirkland v. Quinn -- IP

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Kirkland or Quinn for IP Litigation

Kirkland
43%
Quinn
57%

Total votes: 23

Anonymous User

Kirkland v. Quinn -- IP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Which would you choose for IP litigation. Both NYC offices. Reasons are welcomed below :)

Thanks!

Tanicius

Re: Kirkland v. Quinn -- IP

Postby Tanicius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Lucky SOB. :D

Email the brass at Quinn for us and remind them to be more progressive in their cases. That will set you on the fast track.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:30 pm

Hmmm, not much heat here... Any insight?

Indubitably

Postby Indubitably » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Last edited by Indubitably on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archon

Postby Archon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Kirkland seems to be losing some talent lately (Gerald Flattmann Jr. to Paul Hastings to name the latest).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:19 am

Archon wrote:Kirkland seems to be losing some talent lately (Gerald Flattmann Jr. to Paul Hastings to name the latest).

On the west coast litigators are jumping ship from Kirkland. Many other litigators in Kirkland are doing their best to get out also (I heard this from a friend of mine who works for a different firm. This is why I posted anonymously)

Note: I do not know what the situation is on the east coast. I posted about the west coast to give a perspective about what is going on in the left coast

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:14 am

I don't really take vault seriously. Chambers has Kirkland in band 1, but not Quinn. Kirkland is losing ny strength in biotech and pharmacy ip, but that's it. Kirkland is still by far an ip powerhouse; Quinn is still growing, and there are many firms in between them that one should consider (ropes, fitz, fish).

I don't know why the poster above raised the west coast. No one should go to K&E west coast for litigation anyways.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Archon wrote:Kirkland seems to be losing some talent lately (Gerald Flattmann Jr. to Paul Hastings to name the latest).

On the west coast litigators are jumping ship from Kirkland. Many other litigators in Kirkland are doing their best to get out also (I heard this from a friend of mine who works for a different firm. This is why I posted anonymously)

Note: I do not know what the situation is on the east coast. I posted about the west coast to give a perspective about what is going on in the left coast

Rumor has it the loss of Desmarais will severely affect K&E. Quinn seems to be rising quickly.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:50 am

Surprisingly, k&e and desmarais enjoy a mutually productive relationship. I can't say why.

But that's the problem with this place. Law students tend to take this too seriously. While it's important to consider these factors, you have to consider them in context. IP is one of kirklands crown jewels. They still have a deep, deep bench, and they will replenish it if need be. No reason to believe that th Kirkland will let the group fall to the wayside.

There have always been high profile departures from he firm... Remember that guy Fred Bartlit?

Return to “Legal Employment”