Any Boston offers? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Any Boston offers?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received an offer from a firm mentioned above.
can you say which one or when

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:29 pm

bump. anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Someone posted today in another thread about Brown Rudnick NY that BR Boston has made offers. Can't confirm or deny.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Another silent week in Boston... ??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm

On what day do firms usually have their hiring committee meetings?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Prefer not to but I interviewed in early August and heard back in under a week. Classmate had similar experience. If you're nearing two weeks, it might not be bad but its definitely not good.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Prefer not to but I interviewed in early August and heard back in under a week. Classmate had similar experience. If you're nearing two weeks, it might not be bad but its definitely not good.
Wow, how did you interview so early? School's OCI or some kind of job fair?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Wow, how did you interview so early? School's OCI or some kind of job fair?
OCI is early and I grabbed the first interview slot they had.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Congrats on being done so early! Hopefully more of us will be done soon too :D :D !

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from Bingham?
I did a CB there recently and was told that they have only offered to one person so far. That being said, it is still really early.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:41 am

Got a callback today at a small-ish Boston firm...there's still hope!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from Bingham?
I did a CB there recently and was told that they have only offered to one person so far. That being said, it is still really early.
Yeah, sadly I got rejected from them quite quickly after I had my cb with them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an offer from one of WH/Ropes/GP. I'm wary to say which one since its so early in the process and very few offers have been made. Received about 2 wks after the CB. From what I gathered from my conversations with the firm's recruiting branch, it is still early in the process and so more offers will be forthcoming.
do you think it's early in the process for those firms, for boston, or for your school? been waiting a while for news from boston. nothing so far ...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:15 pm

I hope they consider it early, because I have a CB at one of those firms in late September!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I hope they consider it early, because I have a CB at one of those firms in late September!
Wouldn't that be late for any firm? iirc, some firms are pretty much done hiring after the third week in September.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:25 am

Got my last Boston rejections today (Goodwin and Dechert), so Boston probably isn't happening for me. Median at MVP. Good luck to everyone else!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:47 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got my last Boston rejections today (Goodwin and Dechert), so Boston probably isn't happening for me. Median at MVP. Good luck to everyone else!
Sorry to hear that. Not to be insensitive, but can you tell me more about your Dechert rejection? How/when did it happen, and did it happen after a screener or a callback? Are you from Boston originally? (And are you M, V or P? I understand if you'd like to decline to answer this question.) Thank you!!

... in that vein, did anyone at a non-Boston school get a CB from Dechert Boston? How and when did it happen? I'm not holding my breath on it, but maybe there's still a tiny bit of hope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got my last Boston rejections today (Goodwin and Dechert), so Boston probably isn't happening for me. Median at MVP. Good luck to everyone else!
Sorry to hear that. Not to be insensitive, but can you tell me more about your Dechert rejection? How/when did it happen, and did it happen after a screener or a callback? Are you from Boston originally? (And are you M, V or P? I understand if you'd like to decline to answer this question.) Thank you!!

... in that vein, did anyone at a non-Boston school get a CB from Dechert Boston? How and when did it happen? I'm not holding my breath on it, but maybe there's still a tiny bit of hope.
I'd prefer not to name my school, but yes, I'm from Boston. I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Dechert. I'm still waiting on another firm that I had a callback with before OCI, but that's pretty much my last option besides smaller firms.

Personally, I don't think the "Boston connection" really means much, at least in this economy. A lot of people I know from my school who got Boston callbacks were not from Boston, and I had as good a shot as anyone with a "Boston connection" at Goodwin (interviewer went to my undergrad and law school, all we talked about at the interview was my undergrad, etc.). It's tough out there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'd prefer not to name my school, but yes, I'm from Boston. I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Dechert. I'm still waiting on another firm that I had a callback with before OCI, but that's pretty much my last option besides smaller firms.

Personally, I don't think the "Boston connection" really means much, at least in this economy. A lot of people I know from my school who got Boston callbacks were not from Boston, and I had as good a shot as anyone with a "Boston connection" at Goodwin (interviewer went to my undergrad and law school, all we talked about at the interview was my undergrad, etc.). It's tough out there.
Thank you so much for taking my questions; I hope the last CB works out for you. I think you're very likely right with your assessment of the "Boston connection"; I didn't receive a single Boston callback from my on-campus program despite being from Boston as well (I'm assuming that Dechert hasn't gotten around to rejecting me.) Good luck with your job search.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mango

New

Post by mango » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Does anyone know the timing for foley hoag offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Personally, I don't think the "Boston connection" really means much, at least in this economy. A lot of people I know from my school who got Boston callbacks were not from Boston, and I had as good a shot as anyone with a "Boston connection" at Goodwin (interviewer went to my undergrad and law school, all we talked about at the interview was my undergrad, etc.). It's tough out there.
Perhaps, but if you look at the summer associates from a big Boston firm last summer (one of WH/Ropes/GP), if the summer associate didn't attend school in Boston or New England generally, then they were from New England (MA, CT, RI, NH).

Being from Boston won't get you there automatically, but they seem to favor those who know the area/would be likely to stay long term.

rcb5142

New

Post by rcb5142 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Personally, I don't think the "Boston connection" really means much, at least in this economy. A lot of people I know from my school who got Boston callbacks were not from Boston, and I had as good a shot as anyone with a "Boston connection" at Goodwin (interviewer went to my undergrad and law school, all we talked about at the interview was my undergrad, etc.). It's tough out there.
Perhaps, but if you look at the summer associates from a big Boston firm last summer (one of WH/Ropes/GP), if the summer associate didn't attend school in Boston or New England generally, then they were from New England (MA, CT, RI, NH).

Being from Boston won't get you there automatically, but they seem to favor those who know the area/would be likely to stay long term.
I think this is right. Boston biglaw recruits heavily from Boston schools, and then fills the rest with T14 students w. Boston ties. Of course this isn't a hard and fast "rule", but it is mostly true.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:22 pm

What are the chances we start to hear some offers this week?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”