Any Boston offers? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Any Boston offers?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:21 am

Goodwin news to come today (HC meets). Good luck to all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Weil said they will not be making any decisions until the middle of this week. I'd expect to hear back sometime between tomorrow and Friday.

Anybody have anything further to report regarding Weil offers/dings?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Did anyone end up hearing from Goodwin? Their dings come by email, no?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43 pm

my Goodwin ding came via snail mail, but that was a couple weeks ago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:54 pm

any news?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any news?
Silence for me. I know for a fact that there are still many firms who are not yet at capacity, so it's not over.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 am

What firms are not yet at capacity? I'm confused about Goodwin.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What firms are not yet at capacity? I'm confused about Goodwin.
I don't think Mintz has made any offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Anybody else have any news?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What firms are not yet at capacity? I'm confused about Goodwin.
If Mintz makes offers. Don't they have people deferred until 2012?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
If Mintz makes offers. Don't they have people deferred until 2012?
Hmm. That's interesting. Are you suggesting that Mintz might not have a summer program? That is not the impression I got from them, although things have been so silent who the hell knows.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:23 pm

I've heard a lot of rumors about Mintz, such as "they had no summer class last summer" but I personally know people who were in a SA class there last summer and have offers now.

Obviously, this doesn't mean they'll have a class this summer, but I think it's a cautionary tale to take this all with a grain of salt.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard a lot of rumors about Mintz, such as "they had no summer class last summer" but I personally know people who were in a SA class there last summer and have offers now.

Obviously, this doesn't mean they'll have a class this summer, but I think it's a cautionary tale to take this all with a grain of salt.
Well actually I heard directly from the recruiter that they will hire 6 summers in Boston and 2 in New York. One position in the Boston office will be from the new diversity fellowship program, she said.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:07 pm

anyone know if EAPD made any offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've heard a lot of rumors about Mintz, such as "they had no summer class last summer" but I personally know people who were in a SA class there last summer and have offers now.

Well actually I heard directly from the recruiter that they will hire 6 summers in Boston and 2 in New York. One position in the Boston office will be from the new diversity fellowship program, she said.

I was told the same thing, about 6 summers. But what is going on? I interviewed there weeks ago and have not heard anything. I don't think they've made a single offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I was told the same thing, about 6 summers. But what is going on? I interviewed there weeks ago and have not heard anything. I don't think they've made a single offer.
they told me it could be 3 weeks until i heard anything. they also implied the hiring committee was meeting only every couple weeks (3rd week of september they said they said it had only met once). maybe they are gathering all the applicants before making a decision.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

they told me it could be 3 weeks until i heard anything. they also implied the hiring committee was meeting only every couple weeks (3rd week of september they said they said it had only met once). maybe they are gathering all the applicants before making a decision.
Yeah I heard three weeks too, but that was in early September. I would have to think offers will start to come out soon. After all, they have sent out several dings.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:01 pm

any goulston or EAPD news? eh? eh?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 pm

As to Mintz:

According to Mintz's interview schedule online they had screening interviews as late as Sept. 20 (UPenn Boston job fair). So if they screen on Sept. 20 they probably won't offer callbacks from all those screens until the following week, then it takes another week for those callbacks to come up Boston.

Anyway, seems like they might be trying to do all their screens before making offers, which is actually not the worse thing. But if they didn't start doing Upenn CBs until 1.5-2 weeks after the screening interviews on the 20th they might not even be done with screens yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any goulston or EAPD news? eh? eh?
I know two people at my school with EAPD offers

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
any chance you'd share what school or about when they CBed? Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
any chance you'd share what school or about when they CBed? Thanks!
One of the lower T14 - I actually don't know when they called back, I just overheard their conversation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:As to Mintz:

According to Mintz's interview schedule online they had screening interviews as late as Sept. 20 (UPenn Boston job fair). So if they screen on Sept. 20 they probably won't offer callbacks from all those screens until the following week, then it takes another week for those callbacks to come up Boston.

Anyway, seems like they might be trying to do all their screens before making offers, which is actually not the worse thing. But if they didn't start doing Upenn CBs until 1.5-2 weeks after the screening interviews on the 20th they might not even be done with screens yet.
I agree. But we are thick into October here. Something's gotta move.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Anything from foley hoag lately, anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm

foley hoag sent me an email the end of last week with the heading "Summer Program 2011" that extolled the virtues of their firm.....buuuuuuuuut I haven't got an offer yet.

Heard from people that they sent out similar emails last year to people basically on their waitlist while they wait to see who accepts offers. Really got my hopes up; the email was so vague as to what was going on - did i have an offer? were they saying they'd be in touch soon? It's a shitty economy, they could do me the courtesy of being explicit.

Getting sick of being jerked around by firms. Interviewed at firm, that subsequently made offers to other people, where the hiring partner emailed me after the interview to say I'd be a "perfect fit" at the firm...a month later haven't heard crap, and like I said I know they made other offers.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”