Callback Dinners

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Dinners

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:54 pm

are they like other networking events with a bunch of people kissing ass?
Any tips?

Matthies

Re: Callback Dinners

Postby Matthies » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are they like other networking events with a bunch of people kissing ass?
Any tips?

Don't get drunk

Postby 270910 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:33 pm

Matthies wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:are they like other networking events with a bunch of people kissing ass?
Any tips?

Don't get drunk

Oh I don't know that I'd go that far. Obviously don't get wasted, but if the dinner is associates and law students only you shouldn't feel bad about having a glass or three of wine (most others probably will).

Matthies

Postby Matthies » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:42 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Matthies wrote:
Any tips?

Don't get drunk

Oh I don't know that I'd go that far. Obviously don't get wasted, but if the dinner is associates and law students only you shouldn't feel bad about having a glass or three of wine (most others probably will).

True story, law stduent goes out for call cback dinner, hits it off with asscoiate, they go out for drinks later that night, law stduents gets so drunk she tells associate she likes to get peed on. Firm wide e-mail the next day with all the details.

I of course asked said asscoauite for her number, but point is the dinner is STILL and interview and so is anything else you do/say to people who work at the firm. Have a drink or two but its not dinner with your freinds.

Postby 270910 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:48 pm

Matthies wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
Matthies wrote:
Any tips?

Don't get drunk

True story, law stduent goes out for call cback dinner, hits it off with asscoiate, they go out for drinks later that night, law stduents gets so drunk she tells associate she likes to get peed on. Firm wide e-mail the next day with all the details.

I of course asked said asscoauite for her number, but point is the dinner is STILL and interview and so is anything else you do/say to people who work at the firm. Have a drink or two but its not dinner with your freinds.

Any firm that would not hire me just because I liked to get peed on / get trashed and divulge personal details to near strangers is no firm for me GOOD SIR.

Matthies

Postby Matthies » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:51 pm

disco_barred wrote:Any firm that would not hire me just because I liked to get peed on / get trashed and divulge personal details to near strangers is no firm for me GOOD SIR.

wait till the booze cruze during summer SA to do that

Postby 270910 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:52 pm

Matthies wrote:
disco_barred wrote:Any firm that would not hire me just because I liked to get peed on / get trashed and divulge personal details to near strangers is no firm for me GOOD SIR.

STOP POSTING AND START PEEING ON ME

Matthies

Postby Matthies » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:02 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Matthies wrote:

your hired

Postby 270910 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Matthies wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
Matthies wrote:

your hired

Let's get married.

Return to “Legal Employment”