DC After Callback offer thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 pm

edit to last post. I meant flyout weeks that were last week, as I believe it was the last major week for callbacks...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Wiley Rein offers post cb?


My friend got Wiley


How long after the callback was it before your friend heard from Wiley?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:edit to last post. I meant flyout weeks that were last week, as I believe it was the last major week for callbacks...


Had a DC V80 callback last week. Haven't heard anything yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:PB has their hiring meetings on Weds, and if they decide to give you an offer, they call your references, so said they generally call with offers around Monday. Otherwise, dings come via email. Got my ding the Weds following my interview. If you haven't heard, they are either (1) waiting on reviews from your interviewers, (2) calling your references, or (3) keeping you in the hold pile. I got my ding quickly, so I'd say not hearing is a good thing.


So Patton Bogg's hiring committee is meeting today. Anyone who has outstanding callbacks, feel free to give an update if you hear anything one way or the other. Thanks!

P.S. anyone know what time of day the hiring committee meets? I've been obsessively (and unreasonably) checking my email since about 8 am.

GreenHeels
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby GreenHeels » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Sheppard Mullin DC?

DC Law Student
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:10 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby DC Law Student » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Anyone heard from Sutherland or Arent Fox in DC?

gulcregret
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:08 pm

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby gulcregret » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Boies? Had a CB with them and am crossing my fingers. Big reach for my GPA.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:PB has their hiring meetings on Weds, and if they decide to give you an offer, they call your references, so said they generally call with offers around Monday. Otherwise, dings come via email. Got my ding the Weds following my interview. If you haven't heard, they are either (1) waiting on reviews from your interviewers, (2) calling your references, or (3) keeping you in the hold pile. I got my ding quickly, so I'd say not hearing is a good thing.


So Patton Bogg's hiring committee is meeting today. Anyone who has outstanding callbacks, feel free to give an update if you hear anything one way or the other. Thanks!

P.S. anyone know what time of day the hiring committee meets? I've been obsessively (and unreasonably) checking my email since about 8 am.


Anyone hear from Patton Boggs DC today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:PB has their hiring meetings on Weds, and if they decide to give you an offer, they call your references, so said they generally call with offers around Monday. Otherwise, dings come via email. Got my ding the Weds following my interview. If you haven't heard, they are either (1) waiting on reviews from your interviewers, (2) calling your references, or (3) keeping you in the hold pile. I got my ding quickly, so I'd say not hearing is a good thing.


So Patton Bogg's hiring committee is meeting today. Anyone who has outstanding callbacks, feel free to give an update if you hear anything one way or the other. Thanks!

P.S. anyone know what time of day the hiring committee meets? I've been obsessively (and unreasonably) checking my email since about 8 am.


Anyone hear from Patton Boggs DC today?


I haven't heard anything. Callback on Monday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Anyone heard from Dechert this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:18 pm

GreenHeels wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Sheppard Mullin DC?


rejection letters have gone out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Reed Smith (DC)?

GreenHeels
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby GreenHeels » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
GreenHeels wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Sheppard Mullin DC?


rejection letters have gone out.


"Gone out" as meaning people have received them or you somehow have intel that suggests they are out and people should be watching their mailboxes?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Anybody hear anything lately? Rejects or offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody hear anything lately? Rejects or offers?


I was rejected after a Patton Boggs DC callback last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Anything from Foley & Lardner? CB was 5+ weeks ago and complete silence ever since.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything from Foley & Lardner? CB was 5+ weeks ago and complete silence ever since.


Foley DC gave offers last Thursday, and not just at my law school either.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anything from Foley & Lardner? CB was 5+ weeks ago and complete silence ever since.


Received reject two weeks ago after two weeks of silence.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Anyone heard from O'Melveny?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Anyone heard anything from Dickstein Shapiro?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Reed Smith (DC)?


They told me that their hiring partner is out of the country right now and they didn't know when they could tell me a decision.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Reed Smith (DC)?


They told me that their hiring partner is out of the country right now and they didn't know when they could tell me a decision.


Thanks, I was on the verge of calling them myself. If you don't mind, did they indicate whether they'd made any offers yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:41 am

anyone receive offers yet from sheppard mullin?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone receive offers yet from sheppard mullin?

Someone at my school did. I also had a CB there and haven't heard (which is fine as I've already accepted an offer), but I know they made decisions in late Sept...I just don't think they take the time to send out rejections.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 am

Jones Day DC offer last week.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.