DC After Callback offer thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DC After Callback offer thread

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Anyone hear from Sutherland? I really liked them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Anyone hear from Covington after a CB this week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Finnegan offers, anyone? When was your CB? thnx

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Any more Dechert offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Finnegan offers, anyone? When was your CB? thnx
2 weeks + 2 days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Finnegan offers, anyone? When was your CB? thnx
2 weeks + 2 days.

Between the cb/offer? When was your CB? Thanks...they're my top choice, and seeing as how I didn't get an offer yet I'm probably gonna get dinged. :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Cleary offer today. CB was Wednesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Cleary offer today. CB was Wednesday.
Congrats! I have a CB coming up. Any advice for me? What types of things did they ask in the interview? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:36 am

Had a Covington call back last week. Haven't heard anything yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Congrats! I have a CB coming up. Any advice for me? What types of things did they ask in the interview? Thanks!
Thanks! They were pretty standard CB type questions, though I know what practice area/group I want so a lot of questions were relative to that. Also, it's hard to generalize since so much depends on which partners/associates you interview with.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had a Covington call back last week. Haven't heard anything yet.
Ditto - given the others who heard back fast from them on this thread, I don't think that bodes well for us...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a Covington call back last week. Haven't heard anything yet.
Ditto - given the others who heard back fast from them on this thread, I don't think that bodes well for us...
Unless you provided them with a hard deadline (like an expiring offer), I understand that Covington can take some time for the offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks! They were pretty standard CB type questions, though I know what practice area/group I want so a lot of questions were relative to that. Also, it's hard to generalize since so much depends on which partners/associates you interview with.
What practice area are you interested in? What was for format (i.e. partners first, then associates)? Everyone together? Two and two? Did they send you an email in advance of your CB to let you know which partners/associates you'll be interviewing with? Thanks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
What practice area are you interested in? What was for format (i.e. partners first, then associates)? Everyone together? Two and two? Did they send you an email in advance of your CB to let you know which partners/associates you'll be interviewing with? Thanks.
I'm interested in antitrust. They sent me my schedule ahead of time, but I don't really think there was much rhyme or reason to it in terms of ordering of partners/associates. All my interviews were just one-on-one. From what I've heard at other callbacks, the scheduling is more art than science, and largely just depends on availability and who volunteers to do the interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:21 pm

What practice area are you interested in? What was for format (i.e. partners first, then associates)? Everyone together? Two and two? Did they send you an email in advance of your CB to let you know which partners/associates you'll be interviewing with? Thanks.[/quote]
I'm interested in antitrust. They sent me my schedule ahead of time, but I don't really think there was much rhyme or reason to it in terms of ordering of partners/associates. All my interviews were just one-on-one. From what I've heard at other callbacks, the scheduling is more art than science, and largely just depends on availability and who volunteers to do the interviews.[/quote]

Thanks!!!! How long before your CB did they send you the schedule?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks!!!! How long before your CB did they send you the schedule?
Looks like it was very early the morning of. They're also a little bit different in that the personnel/recruitment person meets with you beforehand, goes through your schedule with you, and tells you a little bit about each of the people you're meeting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Offer from Dewey & LeBoeuf. 2 weeks after callback.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Paul Hastings rejection a little less than 1.5 weeks after cb.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Any Patton Boggs callbacks yet? What's the news?

bobsbowl

New

Post by bobsbowl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:27 pm

I think PB callbacks and offers are ongoing. See earlier in the thread...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:28 pm

bobsbowl wrote:I think PB callbacks and offers are ongoing. See earlier in the thread...
Got it, thanks. I had my CB last week, still waiting to hear. Seems like they're deciding pretty quickly. Damn.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
bobsbowl wrote:I think PB callbacks and offers are ongoing. See earlier in the thread...
Got it, thanks. I had my CB last week, still waiting to hear. Seems like they're deciding pretty quickly. Damn.

They were a top choice of mine but I was rejected at the screener. I really like the focus on lobbying/gov't. What did you think when you visited?

On that note, has anyone heard from Reed Smith DC yet? I had a CB two weeks ago and someone said mid-Sept. for offers but I'm assuming a ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

They were a top choice of mine but I was rejected at the screener. I really like the focus on lobbying/gov't. What did you think when you visited?

I liked it a lot. Seems like a pretty cool place, people seemed pretty cool too. Thought it went well, but I guess not. Oh well, we'll see.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:55 pm

PB has their hiring meetings on Weds, and if they decide to give you an offer, they call your references, so said they generally call with offers around Monday. Otherwise, dings come via email. Got my ding the Weds following my interview. If you haven't heard, they are either (1) waiting on reviews from your interviewers, (2) calling your references, or (3) keeping you in the hold pile. I got my ding quickly, so I'd say not hearing is a good thing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:20 pm

JD offer yesterday via phone. CB was on Wednesday afternoon.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”