Setting Travel Dates for CB

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
motownsaint

Setting Travel Dates for CB

Postby motownsaint » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Do you guys know if it's okay to schedule the CB, but then wait a few days to schedule the actual trip with the firm's travel agency? I ask because I'm still hoping to get more CBs in the city of interest. Also, I'd ask OCS, but it's the weekend.

TIA

Anonymous User

Re: Setting Travel Dates for CB

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:26 pm

I don't think it's a problem - scheduling travel arrangements the day before might be pushing it, but I see no need to schedule right away if you think you may have to adjust your planes due to more callbacks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:50 pm

I did this for one of my callbacks, and it wasn't a problem. Honestly, I doubt it even registered. Again, just don't wait too long.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:51 pm

I explicitly asked one of the recruiters at the firms I'm visiting if this would be okay and she said that it wouldn't be a problem, just to do it more than a few days in advance.

Postby 270910 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:16 pm

It's fine to do, and it's smart because that way you can likely book longer trips if you have more than one CB in the city.

If it's your only firm in the city though, or something like that, there's just no reason to wait.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Just remember that the first firm you set a date with is your host firm. So if you schedule any additional interviews in that city later on, it would be best to mention it and have Firm-X split travel costs with your host firm. Probably common sense info, but something I forgot to do at first. Each firm will assume they have to pay for all of your travel and hotel expenses, so it needs to be brought up.

Return to “Legal Employment”