Wash U call backs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Any news yet?

HAMBONE
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby HAMBONE » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:30 pm

So far I know of Siegfried, Bryan Cave and Leydig doing callbacks

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby 20160810 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:37 pm

HAMBONE wrote:So far I know of Siegfried, Bryan Cave and Leydig doing callbacks

Is Roy also doing callbacks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 am

Paul Hastings is doing callbacks.

Sullivan & Cromwell is sending out rejections. :?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Paul Hastings is doing callbacks.

Sullivan & Cromwell is sending out rejections. :?


I have heard both of these as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:08 am

anyone hear anything from katten or frost brown?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear anything from katten or frost brown?


I hear Katten has made calls. Anybody else heard anything new the last few days?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:19 am

bryan cave, jones day chicago, ropes and gray chicago, katten, vinson and elkins, sonnenschein stl, thompson coburn have all called (thompson coburn e-mailed)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:16 am

So no one has heard from Winston & Strawn or Locke Lord Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:45 pm

AVH sent out dings via email!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So no one has heard from Winston & Strawn or Locke Lord Chicago?


buddy just got a callback from winston. Another buddy got a callback from Frost.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Dings are out for Locke Lord via e-mail. Pretty happy with my results overall but still hoping to hear back from Winston.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:34 pm

got dinged at katten today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:25 pm

katten has sent dings. Sennigar powers and robins kaplan has started callbacks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Now that it seems like most of the firms have made some calls how is everybody feeling about their results?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:03 am

anyone hear from arnold porter, chapman cutler, mcguirewood, sullivan?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear from arnold porter, chapman cutler, mcguirewood, sullivan?


mcguirewoods has made callbacks.

Getting shut out right now.....

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear from arnold porter, chapman cutler, mcguirewood, sullivan?


mcguirewoods has made callbacks.

Getting shut out right now.....


Can't confirm but I've heard through the grapevine Sullivan & Cromwell has made a couple callbacks. Also, sorry to hear that hopefully for you and everyone else involved firms aren't making all their callbacks at once and more will be coming in the next week...wishful thinking though. I don't have quite the number I hoped for but I'm satisfied having got a few I really wanted.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby romothesavior » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:55 pm

What are people's thoughts on OCI overall? Better/worse than last year? Any firm GPA drop-offs? (top third doing okay, everyone else struggling, etc.?)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:05 pm

romothesavior wrote:What are people's thoughts on OCI overall? Better/worse than last year? Any firm GPA drop-offs? (top third doing okay, everyone else struggling, etc.?)


It's really hard to compare to last year because I didn't have nearly as good of info about what was going on. It seems like the vast majority of firms I've talked to are taking on about the same size summer class as they did last year, so I can't imagine it is that improved. I know there have been reports about a lot of the more prestigious firms raising class sizes, and hopefully that would create a trickle down effect, but its hard to say how much of that trickles down to Wash U.

There seems to be a pretty big difference from what I can tell from being top 10% and law review vs. top 15% and a secondary journal. If you fall into the first category it seems like people are having some pretty impressive opportunities and interviews. Below that, well I'm not going to say it's a barren jobless wasteland, but the opportunities are definitely different. If your goal is market-rate biglaw in a large city I would not be comfortable outside of the top 10%. Actually, I'm inside the top 10% and I'm still not comfortable, but maybe I'm being irrational. (I'm trying to speak in generalities here, I know of a few exceptions here and there of lower ranked people getting a better job than you'd expect.) As far as how low you can fall and be able to find something in markets like St. Louis or Kansas City, I just don't know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Any news regarding Shook Hardy Bacon and P&G?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
romothesavior wrote:What are people's thoughts on OCI overall? Better/worse than last year? Any firm GPA drop-offs? (top third doing okay, everyone else struggling, etc.?)


It's really hard to compare to last year because I didn't have nearly as good of info about what was going on. It seems like the vast majority of firms I've talked to are taking on about the same size summer class as they did last year, so I can't imagine it is that improved. I know there have been reports about a lot of the more prestigious firms raising class sizes, and hopefully that would create a trickle down effect, but its hard to say how much of that trickles down to Wash U.

There seems to be a pretty big difference from what I can tell from being top 10% and law review vs. top 15% and a secondary journal. If you fall into the first category it seems like people are having some pretty impressive opportunities and interviews. Below that, well I'm not going to say it's a barren jobless wasteland, but the opportunities are definitely different. If your goal is market-rate biglaw in a large city I would not be comfortable outside of the top 10%. Actually, I'm inside the top 10% and I'm still not comfortable, but maybe I'm being irrational. (I'm trying to speak in generalities here, I know of a few exceptions here and there of lower ranked people getting a better job than you'd expect.) As far as how low you can fall and be able to find something in markets like St. Louis or Kansas City, I just don't know.


agreed.. Im t20-25% got 6 preselect 1 lot. ( btw i suck at lottery picks) My buddy got 3 lottery. How many interviews have other people received?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wash U call backs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
romothesavior wrote:What are people's thoughts on OCI overall? Better/worse than last year? Any firm GPA drop-offs? (top third doing okay, everyone else struggling, etc.?)


It's really hard to compare to last year because I didn't have nearly as good of info about what was going on. It seems like the vast majority of firms I've talked to are taking on about the same size summer class as they did last year, so I can't imagine it is that improved. I know there have been reports about a lot of the more prestigious firms raising class sizes, and hopefully that would create a trickle down effect, but its hard to say how much of that trickles down to Wash U.

There seems to be a pretty big difference from what I can tell from being top 10% and law review vs. top 15% and a secondary journal. If you fall into the first category it seems like people are having some pretty impressive opportunities and interviews. Below that, well I'm not going to say it's a barren jobless wasteland, but the opportunities are definitely different. If your goal is market-rate biglaw in a large city I would not be comfortable outside of the top 10%. Actually, I'm inside the top 10% and I'm still not comfortable, but maybe I'm being irrational. (I'm trying to speak in generalities here, I know of a few exceptions here and there of lower ranked people getting a better job than you'd expect.) As far as how low you can fall and be able to find something in markets like St. Louis or Kansas City, I just don't know.


agreed.. Im t20-25% got 6 preselect 1 lot. ( btw i suck at lottery picks) My buddy got 3 lottery. How many interviews have other people received?


I think you shouldn't feel discouraged if you're not T10% + law review. In fact, I know plenty of people who aren't in the top third and have callbacks with pretty good firms.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.