Summer Offers Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:38 pm

In order to keep track of the firms that have made post-call back moves and those that have not, please post the following information as offers start rolling in:

1) Name of firm
2) Office location
3) Number of days between call back and offer

Thanks and good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:56 pm

1) Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen
2) Richmond, Virginia
3) Four Days

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Best firm name ever

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 pm

1) Cahill Gordon
2) New York
3) On the spot during callback

NY555
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby NY555 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1) Cahill Gordon
2) New York
3) On the spot during callback


Congrats! Who extended the offer and was it at the very end? What school do you attend? I'd appreciate any details and/or advice as my callback with them is very soon and it's my first choice firm. PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:03 pm

NY555 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:1) Cahill Gordon
2) New York
3) On the spot during callback


Congrats! Who extended the offer and was it at the very end? What school do you attend? I'd appreciate any details and/or advice as my callback with them is very soon and it's my first choice firm. PM me if you prefer. Thanks!


I also have a callback with them soon and would appreciate this information (if you don't mind posting it).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
NY555 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:1) Cahill Gordon
2) New York
3) On the spot during callback


Congrats! Who extended the offer and was it at the very end? What school do you attend? I'd appreciate any details and/or advice as my callback with them is very soon and it's my first choice firm. PM me if you prefer. Thanks!


I also have a callback with them soon and would appreciate this information (if you don't mind posting it).

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:58 pm

1) Cahill Gordon
2) New York
3) two hours after callback

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1) Cahill Gordon
2) New York
3) two hours after callback


Congrats!! Going to accept? Details about you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Are those of you with Cahill Gordon offers 2Ls or 3Ls? I know they are doing callbacks for both.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are those of you with Cahill Gordon offers 2Ls or 3Ls? I know they are doing callbacks for both.


2L, but I know 3Ls at different schools as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:32 pm

1) Knobbe Martens
2) Irvine (OC)
3) 10 days, via phone followed by a paper letter the next day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1) Knobbe Martens
2) Irvine (OC)
3) 10 days, via phone followed by a paper letter the next day.


How was Knobbe Matens?

Did you enjoy it? I am origionally from Irvine, but attending out of state. How many summer positions were there? Did everyone get offers?

Sorry to bother, this is the first i have seen of Knobbe Martens on this site.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:1) Knobbe Martens
2) Irvine (OC)
3) 10 days, via phone followed by a paper letter the next day.


How was Knobbe Matens?

Did you enjoy it? I am origionally from Irvine, but attending out of state. How many summer positions were there? Did everyone get offers?

Sorry to bother, this is the first i have seen of Knobbe Martens on this site.


This thread is not for post-summer associateship offers. It's for 2L offers for summer 2011.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:1) Knobbe Martens
2) Irvine (OC)
3) 10 days, via phone followed by a paper letter the next day.


How was Knobbe Matens?

Did you enjoy it? I am origionally from Irvine, but attending out of state. How many summer positions were there? Did everyone get offers?

Sorry to bother, this is the first i have seen of Knobbe Martens on this site.


This thread is not for post-summer associateship offers. It's for 2L offers for summer 2011.


The OP was talking about a summer associate position for 2011. The respondent was not.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Has anybody gotten a post-callback rejection? How are those sent? Email, snail mail, phone, or mere silence?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anybody gotten a post-callback rejection? How are those sent? Email, snail mail, phone, or mere silence?


Not the right thread for rejections. Check your particular school's OCI thread.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 am

bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anybody gotten a post-callback rejection? How are those sent? Email, snail mail, phone, or mere silence?


snail mail

:(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anybody gotten a post-callback rejection? How are those sent? Email, snail mail, phone, or mere silence?


snail mail

:(


Sorry to hear. Mind sharing which firm it was?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1) Knobbe Martens
2) Irvine (OC)
3) 10 days, via phone followed by a paper letter the next day.


Sorry to ask, but mind telling me what day of the week? I had my CB last week, but they told me their hiring committee only meets on Thursdays and I didn't get an offer last Thursday...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:19 pm

1) OMM
2) LA
3) 6 days via phone

1) S&C
2) LA
3) Beginning of last interview of the CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:36 pm

1) STB
2) NY
3) 5

1) DPW
2) NY
3) 2

1) S&C
2) NY
3) Last interview at callback

1) Cravath
2) NY
3) 1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Any offers from Gibson Dunn DC yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273423
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Does any one know how long cadwalader takes between cb and offer/rejection? I forgot to ask during my cb. Thanks in advance.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.