Callback to Offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback to Offer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:00 am

How long does it usually take to hear back from a firm after a call back? Are offers usually given via phone, e-mail or snail mail?

Pablo Ramirez

Re: Callback to Offer

Postby Pablo Ramirez » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:How long does it usually take to hear back from a firm after a call back? Are offers usually given via phone, e-mail or snail mail?

Offers are typically given in person, on the spot after your interview. Rejections, in contrast, tend to come either via snail or e-mail, though certain firms like Orrick call to turn you down as well.

seespotrun

Postby seespotrun » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:23 am

Pablo Ramirez wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long does it usually take to hear back from a firm after a call back? Are offers usually given via phone, e-mail or snail mail?

Offers are typically given in person, on the spot after your interview. Rejections, in contrast, tend to come either via snail or e-mail, though certain firms like Orrick call to turn you down as well.

I'm not so sure that is the case. It's my understanding that face-to-face offers at the conclusion of a callback are the exception, not the general rule.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:23 am

Pablo Ramirez wrote:

Very, very few firms give on the spot offers. Only Cravath and S&C out of the big ones, I think.

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:29 pm

I feel like this exact thread, with the exact same snarky response, happened a few days ago. Deja vu...

Return to “Legal Employment”