BU OCI and CB record

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: BU OCI and CB record

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wilmerhale callback, email

Er. nvm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Er. nvm.

Nevermind? How did your CB become a ding that quickly?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Er. nvm.

Not the poster above, but I think I understand -- my WH ding was worded so ridiculously that it appeared to be a CB at first glance. The following is not a great way to begin a ding email:

Thank you for your interest in WilmerHale. We enjoyed meeting with you at [ ]. We know that you need to make plans for call back interviews, and as regular mail can be slow, we thought it would be best to get in touch with you by e-mail.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump: Offers anyone? I'm in call back purgatory - ding at 1, 2 pending after completing this week, 1 next week, 1 in NYC.

I have an offer from our OCI. But I don't think 1 ding out of 5 CB gives much reason to worry - I don't have 5 CBs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Er. nvm.

Not the poster above, but I think I understand -- my WH ding was worded so ridiculously that it appeared to be a CB at first glance. The following is not a great way to begin a ding email:

Thank you for your interest in WilmerHale. We enjoyed meeting with you at [ ]. We know that you need to make plans for call back interviews, and as regular mail can be slow, we thought it would be best to get in touch with you by e-mail.

That WH email also caused my heart rate to rapidly accelerate and then promptly decelerate.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bump: Offers anyone? I'm in call back purgatory - ding at 1, 2 pending after completing this week, 1 next week, 1 in NYC.

I have an offer from our OCI. But I don't think 1 ding out of 5 CB gives much reason to worry - I don't have 5 CBs.

Where is your offer from if you don't mind? If you do mind, can you provide an approximate vault range? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Where is your offer from if you don't mind? If you do mind, can you provide an approximate vault range? Thanks.

V50. I would say who but I guess there is some fear in the tls community that firms are looking in on these boards. Seems more like paranoia than fear, but I am susceptible to paranoia.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

V50. I would say who but I guess there is some fear in the tls community that firms are looking in on these boards. Seems more like paranoia than fear, but I am susceptible to paranoia.

Totally understand that. Congrats on your offer by the way!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Please HELP me figure out if I might be on wait lists for Kirkland and for Arnold & Porter or if I am just dinged, albeit unofficially. I haven't heard about CBs or dings yet at these two firms. TY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Please HELP me figure out if I might be on wait lists for Kirkland and for Arnold & Porter or if I am just dinged, albeit unofficially. I haven't heard about CBs or dings yet at these two firms. TY.

You should probably call their respective legal hiring contact persons and ask.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Any offer news this week?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 pm

Has anyone heard from Pierce Atwood? I really liked that firm's vibe and am extremely curious.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:09 pm

For those interested in how BU is faring. I know of 2 people (including myself) who are just outside the top 1/3rd with market rate firm jobs. I guess it isn't as bad out there as people say it is?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those interested in how BU is faring. I know of 2 people (including myself) who are just outside the top 1/3rd with market rate firm jobs. I guess it isn't as bad out there as people say it is?

For those interested in how BU is really faring, the above poster and friend are the exception and not the rule. I am also guessing that these two people are on LR (could be URM, but probably LR). A large portion (most?) of the top 1/3 will not get market rate jobs. Congrats to poster above! - but shame on you for misleading prospectives like that. Your situation is by no means average and you know that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For those interested in how BU is faring. I know of 2 people (including myself) who are just outside the top 1/3rd with market rate firm jobs. I guess it isn't as bad out there as people say it is?

For those interested in how BU is really faring, the above poster and friend are the exception and not the rule. I am also guessing that these two people are on LR (could be URM, but probably LR). A large portion (most?) of the top 1/3 will not get market rate jobs. Congrats to poster above! - but shame on you for misleading prospectives like that. Your situation is by no means average and you know that.

I also go to BU and agree this is a little misleading. I would say most of the people I know in the top 1/3 are not getting market jobs, based on the CB/offer results so far.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also go to BU and agree this is a little misleading. I would say most of the people I know in the top 1/3 are not getting market jobs, based on the CB/offer results so far.

+1. There will be people in the top 1/3 w/ unpaid 2L summer jobs- forget market jobs. In you want even a chance at market biglaw @BU ITE, then you need 1/3 + LR + work exp. + etc., or top 10-15%, and even in this range, plenty will strike out. Also, for those lucky enough to have offers (and I thank my lucky stars!) - most of us are getting 1 offer from 1-5 CBs. The days of tons of CB's and multiple offers for the top 1/3 at BU are most assuredly over.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I also go to BU and agree this is a little misleading. I would say most of the people I know in the top 1/3 are not getting market jobs, based on the CB/offer results so far.

+1. There will be people in the top 1/3 w/ unpaid 2L summer jobs- forget market jobs. In you want even a chance at market biglaw @BU ITE, then you need 1/3 + LR + work exp. + etc., or top 10-15%, and even in this range, plenty will strike out. Also, for those lucky enough to have offers (and I thank my lucky stars!) - most of us are getting 1 offer from 1-5 CBs. The days of tons of CB's and multiple offers for the top 1/3 at BU are most assuredly over.

Are you saying this from experience or pure speculation?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are you saying this from experience or pure speculation?

You have another perspective? Many of my friends are top 1/3 and the mood is by no means relaxed right now. These are my perceptions based on the students I have talked to and the conversations I have had with our career services dept. I do not know of a single student right now with multiple market offers outside of the 10%. I also know of 1/3 students w/ 0 cb's. Are you the 1/3 poster with the market offer from above? Come on, tell me you're not on LR...

edit: it is still early in the season and things could improve somewhat.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Saying you are "just outside top 1/3" is also ridiculous. All we know for sure is top 10%, beyond that it's just blind guessing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:Saying you are "just outside top 1/3" is also ridiculous. All we know for sure is top 10%, beyond that it's just blind guessing.

Almost every year's graduating class top 1/3rd is around a 3.51. If your GPA is around a 3.4/5 you could probably say you fall a little below top 1/3rd - I'm not the one that posted that though.

Return to “Legal Employment”