How do lat moves work?? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How do lat moves work??

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Hoping some experienced attorneys will weigh in on this. I've heard that V100 associates get calls from recruiters quite frequently. Is this true up and down the V100? How does it work? Do you just wait until a firm you're interested in calls you, and then answer on the spot that you're interested? Or do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can do a lat move (2 years, 3 years, etc.)?

Also, is it bad to do this type of thing from your office? I imagine it could put you on shaky ground with your firm if they knew you were possibly interviewing elsewhere.

nealric

Re: How do lat moves work??

Post by nealric » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hoping some experienced attorneys will weigh in on this. I've heard that V100 associates get calls from recruiters quite frequently. Is this true up and down the V100? How does it work? Do you just wait until a firm you're interested in calls you, and then answer on the spot that you're interested? Or do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can do a lat move (2 years, 3 years, etc.)?

Also, is it bad to do this type of thing from your office? I imagine it could put you on shaky ground with your firm if they knew you were possibly interviewing elsewhere.
Usually a specific firm doesn't call you. A recruiter calls you, and probably won't identify the firm until later in the process. There is no specific amount of time required to do a lateral move, but usually people wait a year or two.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”