Screening Interview with Managing Partner

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Screening Interview with Managing Partner

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:46 pm

I got a callback. Does this bode well for my chances -- i.e., will the hiring committee take the screener's apparently favorable impression of me somewhat more seriously?

seespotrun

Re: Screening Interview with Managing Partner

Postby seespotrun » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got a callback. Does this bode well for my chances -- i.e., will the hiring committee take the screener's apparently favorable impression of me somewhat more seriously?

What do you think? Yes, of course.

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got a callback. Does this bode well for my chances -- i.e., will the hiring committee take the screener's apparently favorable impression of me somewhat more seriously?

No, of course not. The managing partner's opinion will be treated exactly the same as a first year associate's would be. Don't get your hopes up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Obviously it's not like a callback after a screener with an associate. I'm trying to determine what sort of difference this makes. But thanks for your considered opinions!

Return to “Legal Employment”