Dewey & Lebeouf

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got offer via phone. Less than 1 week turnaround.



Super-interview day?


Nope.


My friend got an offer from super interview day, I'm pretty sure.


What school?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Super-interview day?


Nope.


My friend got an offer from super interview day, I'm pretty sure.


What school?


Mich

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Different poster: what is super-interview day? Or when was it?


Anyone know? Sometime last week? Which day?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Different poster: what is super-interview day? Or when was it?


Anyone know? Sometime last week? Which day?



Last Tuesday (not sure whether it is the only one). If that dude got an offer from that particular interview, it is a really fast turn around.

*run to the room corner and start weeping, knowing that my rejection is on the way*

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:25 pm

So it's been a couple days since any updates - has anybody who interviewed last Wednesday received an offer/ding yet? Or any idea as to when the hiring committee is meeting and will hopefully be getting back to us?

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Is this only referring to Dewey NY? Received an offer from Dewey DC two weeks after callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So it's been a couple days since any updates - has anybody who interviewed last Wednesday received an offer/ding yet? Or any idea as to when the hiring committee is meeting and will hopefully be getting back to us?

Thanks!


Interviewed after last Wednesday (NYC). Offered today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Congrats on the offer!

I guess the rest of us should probably expect rejections at this point. :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So it's been a couple days since any updates - has anybody who interviewed last Wednesday received an offer/ding yet? Or any idea as to when the hiring committee is meeting and will hopefully be getting back to us?

Thanks!


Interviewed after last Wednesday (NYC). Offered today.

Congrats! Was call from recruiting department or from an interviewing partner?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:So it's been a couple days since any updates - has anybody who interviewed last Wednesday received an offer/ding yet? Or any idea as to when the hiring committee is meeting and will hopefully be getting back to us?

Thanks!

I was told they would let me know by the end of this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm told there's a thin envelope from D&L in my mailbox, so I think it's safe to say post-CB dings are going out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm told there's a thin envelope from D&L in my mailbox, so I think it's safe to say post-CB dings are going out.

Sorry to hear that. When was your CB?

Any other updates from those who did CBs last week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm told there's a thin envelope from D&L in my mailbox, so I think it's safe to say post-CB dings are going out.

Sorry to hear that. When was your CB?

Any other updates from those who did CBs last week?


CB was last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm told there's a thin envelope from D&L in my mailbox, so I think it's safe to say post-CB dings are going out.

Sorry to hear that. When was your CB?

Any other updates from those who did CBs last week?


CB was last week.

Offer yesterday via phone from OCI screener. 8 days from CB to offer. MVPB.

Really liked Dewey, so I'm thrilled about the offer. Best of luck everyone!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Also received an offer yesterday from Dewey. MVPB. Callback was just a few days ago. LOVED Dewey.

nyf
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby nyf » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:06 pm

What do people like/love about Dewey? I have an offer, but did not really get what's great about them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:37 pm

nyf wrote:What do people like/love about Dewey? I have an offer, but did not really get what's great about them.


People should really look into how they handled the financial crisis, especially in light of their 2007 merger. There were A TON of layoffs and very little managerial transparency.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Congrats on all those who have offers! Anybody willing to post stats? (rough estimate of class rank, quality of UG in particular)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:39 pm

nyf wrote:What do people like/love about Dewey? I have an offer, but did not really get what's great about them.


Their pro bono programs/externships are awesome and they are counsel in some high profile pro bono cases. They are counsel for a landmark case (not pro bono) going on right now that is in my area of interest. nice, happy people. gave offers to 100% of their associates last summer. significantly higher than average diversity numbers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dewey & Lebeouf

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Dewey & LeBoeuf.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.