do firms send rejection letters after screening interviews Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

do firms send rejection letters after screening interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:49 pm

i've heard nothing (good or bad) in a week--am i still being considered?

Gold

Re: do firms send rejection letters after screening interviews

Post by 270910 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 pm

(almost) all eventually will. hard to say. If you interviewed with V10 NYC firms you'd be in much worse shape than if you interviewed with smaller firms in tertiary markets. It depends, sadly, is TCR for OCI. But yes, rejections are commonplace and part of protocol and the absence of them should be somewhat inspiring.

LurkerNoMore

Bronze

Re: do firms send rejection letters after screening interviews

Post by LurkerNoMore » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:10 am

I'm afraid lack of rejection should not be particularly inspiring unless other people from your school have received them and you have not. Each firm does things its own way, so you can't compare one firm to another. Instead your best clues will come from what others have received from firms from your school. If others have received callbacks from your interviewer, chances are slim that you will be getting one. If others have received rejection letters and you haven't, then your file is more likely to be held to see how their recruiting shakes out.

When I did OCI, I had a couple of firms that sent out rejections within a week or two, but I remember I didn't get one until toward the end of the semester.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”