Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:03 pm

I heard of someone who got a call from Choate this evening after today's screener.

elm84dr
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby elm84dr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:14 am

...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:55 pm

So... anyone actually heard from nutter?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 pm

11interviews

Cb from Goodwin and Choate today.

The nutter guy told me he would make the decision the end of day yesterday but didn't hear back.

Anyone heard back from ropes?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:11interviews

Cb from Goodwin and Choate today.

The nutter guy told me he would make the decision the end of day yesterday but didn't hear back.

Anyone heard back from ropes?


When (what time) did Choate give you a call today? Just want to know if I should throw in the towel for them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:11interviews

Cb from Goodwin and Choate today.

The nutter guy told me he would make the decision the end of day yesterday but didn't hear back.

Anyone heard back from ropes?


When (what time) did Choate give you a call today? Just want to know if I should throw in the towel for them.


Same with Nutter here. No call from Choate, also interested in knowing the time frame they made the call.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:11interviews

Cb from Goodwin and Choate today.

The nutter guy told me he would make the decision the end of day yesterday but didn't hear back.

Anyone heard back from ropes?


When (what time) did Choate give you a call today? Just want to know if I should throw in the towel for them.


Same with Nutter here. No call from Choate, also interested in knowing the time frame they made the call.


FWIW I know multiple people who expected a call from Nutter yesterday or today and I dont think they have gotten them yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:52 am

Choate called some time between 3:30 to 4:30. Definitely before 5 PM.

Anyone heard from Ropes yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 am

Is Vault accurate on Boston firm ranking? What are the top private equity firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 am

Any other movement? A friend of mine received a Holland & Knight call back yesterday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 am

CB from Foley this morning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:CB from Foley this morning.


Just to clarify, you mean FH not F&L.. I know of FH cbs but no F&L

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CB from Foley this morning.


Just to clarify, you mean FH not F&L.. I know of FH cbs but no F&L


yea, my bad, i didn't even interview with anything called FH. But anyway, anyone heard back from Ropes and Gray?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 am

Any other movement for Nutter, GS or SW?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Word on the street is that Proskauer calls are out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Goodwin Procter callback yesterday; Choate already out as well. Ropes is giving callbacks out at the time it gives out OCI callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Foley Hoag is also doing callbacks. Also got Choate. What's the word on Ropes exactly?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Goodwin Procter callback yesterday; Choate already out as well. Ropes is giving callbacks out at the time it gives out OCI callbacks.


That makes sense. The recruiter emailed me and told me that I don't need to bid on them on OCI because no need for double screening. So my guess is that they integrate BLG into their OCI efforts?

But anyway, if anyone heard back from Ropes and Gray, could you yell? It's my top firm and I really want to know!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:28 am

For Choate CB, did the interviewer himself call? I missed the call and got a voice message from him, asking me to return his call but that was it. I called back and left a voicemail. No word from him yet.
Is it safe to assume I'm getting a CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:36 am

Received 5 callbacks out of 10 so far. Only firm I don't see mentioned yet is Mintz.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:50 am

Any Goulston, SW, Nutter, Skadden?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Received 5 callbacks out of 10 so far. Only firm I don't see mentioned yet is Mintz.


What 5 firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:For Choate CB, did the interviewer himself call? I missed the call and got a voice message from him, asking me to return his call but that was it. I called back and left a voicemail. No word from him yet.
Is it safe to assume I'm getting a CB?


I was wondering if Choate separated the interviews by "definite" with EMR and "borderline/probably not" with MK.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:59 am

Anyone hear from BM, EW or NB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 am

so it looks like the firms that have definitely made callbacks are:
Choate
Proskauer
Foley Hoag
Goodwin

any others?? apparently there is at least one more.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.