NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:got an offer from paul weiss today


congrats. did the call come from a partner with whom you did a callback interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:55 pm

oh nice congrats on paul weiss, when was your cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:oh nice congrats on paul weiss, when was your cb?


Has anyone who interviewed in the big group on Tuesday heard yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:oh nice congrats on paul weiss, when was your cb?

i interviewed tuesday and heard thursday. a partner i interviewed with at the cb called me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:50 pm

same

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:same


i heard this afternoon

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Bump!

Anonymous User wrote:
Ok... I set up a spreadsheet so we can keep track of all the callbacks / rejections. Please add firms you have heard from. This will help consolidate a lot of the information.

Here's the link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av2WffUI_UeRdElvRzBuTERFbjFfU0VkUWZVYmgtbGc&hl=en&authkey=CLvR8o8H

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:47 pm

have you all been mass mailing in addition to EIW? Who did you send things to? How many callbacks do you have?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:04 pm

anyone heard from cleary or dpw? i interviewed with them on wed and thurs respectively and haven't heard. should i have by friday? still holding out for a tuesday call...at least from cleary maybe. any info is appreciated!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:05 pm

has anyone gone on a cravath callback? how has it gone? do you really have to commit to lit or corp?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard from cleary or dpw? i interviewed with them on wed and thurs respectively and haven't heard. should i have by friday? still holding out for a tuesday call...at least from cleary maybe. any info is appreciated!


The woman at cleary told me it would take two weeks to hear anything(had my cb on tues)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 am

So which firms have given offers already?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:08 am

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard from cleary or dpw? i interviewed with them on wed and thurs respectively and haven't heard. should i have by friday? still holding out for a tuesday call...at least from cleary maybe. any info is appreciated!


The woman at cleary told me it would take two weeks to hear anything(had my cb on tues)


two weeks?! that's hard to believe with the new 28 day rule. i mean offers may expire before then. a week would be long but two is very long. i guess we'll see.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:33 pm

this thread is kind of lame...are there like three of us on here...must be way more people from cls on tls

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone gone on a cravath callback? how has it gone? do you really have to commit to lit or corp?


my friend got an offer from cravath. although he's got good grades and is on LR.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone gone on a cravath callback? how has it gone? do you really have to commit to lit or corp?


my friend got an offer from cravath. although he's got good grades and is on LR.


wow how did he interview so early. when i scheduled my cb with them they said they had nothing available before the last week of september.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone gone on a cravath callback? how has it gone? do you really have to commit to lit or corp?


my friend got an offer from cravath. although he's got good grades and is on LR.


wow how did he interview so early. when i scheduled my cb with them they said they had nothing available before the last week of september.


haha, you would have to ask him. if you've got a callback at cravath, however, i don't think you've got too much to worry about.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:39 pm

any updates?

offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Cleary offer (see spreadsheet)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cleary offer (see spreadsheet)


so you interviewed last thursday then?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Have heard of offers from Cleary, Debevoise, Skadden and S&C

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:55 pm

is it normal to not have an offer yet? Should I be worried?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:is it normal to not have an offer yet? Should I be worried?


It looks like only a handful of firms have offered NYU students. Most people don't have offers yet. Unless your callbacks were at the firms that have made offers, and you've already gone on those callbacks and not heard anything, I wouldn't be too worried.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273546
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU 2010 EIW Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Any offers from Akin or Ropes yet?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.