What to bring to a callback? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Person

Bronze

What to bring to a callback?

Post by Person » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:22 pm

I have a callback at a midsized (150 person) firm. They didn't say to bring a writing sample or anything and did not ask for one in the screening interview. Should I bring one anyway. What about a cover letter?

awesomepossum

Silver

Re: What to bring to a callback?

Post by awesomepossum » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Person wrote:I have a callback at a midsized (150 person) firm. They didn't say to bring a writing sample or anything and did not ask for one in the screening interview. Should I bring one anyway. What about a cover letter?

Here are the things I always had with me just in case:

Resumes
Transcripts
Writing samples
List of references

I almost never needed them, but somebody would occasionally ask for one or the other.

Bosque

Gold

Re: What to bring to a callback?

Post by Bosque » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Person wrote:I have a callback at a midsized (150 person) firm. They didn't say to bring a writing sample or anything and did not ask for one in the screening interview. Should I bring one anyway. What about a cover letter?
Don't bring a cover letter. You are going to be there in a person to tell them why you want to work there, you don't need a piece of paper that says the same thing in a condensed form.

You should bring the four documents that awesomepossum listed, with the addition of an undergraduate/graduate degree transcript if you are interviewing for patent jobs. I wouldn't expect to use them, but they are good to have on hand in case someone asks for them. Other than that, just bring a notepad and pen to jot down things you talked about in between interviews so you can keep them straight i your head, and make sure you are well rested and hydrated. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”