references...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

references...

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:16 am

several firms have asked for references at the callback stage and i provided 3 professors (both from law school and ugrad and including one who i've worked for extensively). will it be suspicious/a big red flag that i did not list anyone from my 1L SA firm as a reference because i've received an offer and they are expecting me to return so i feel awkward/uncomfortable about asking them to serve as a reference...

Anonymous User

Re: references...

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:01 pm

+1

Anonymous User

Re: references...

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Did they ask for references at your callback, or did they tell you to bring a reference contact list to your callback? If the latter, when did that happen (screener, partner calling you back to tell you about callback, you calling the recruiter to schedule the callback)? And to answer your question, why didn't you just ask which references they prefer (academic, professional, etc)?

Return to “Legal Employment”