For those who struck out at OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

For those who struck out at OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:10 am

What next? Switch to part-time and take another shot at OCI next year?

Anonymous User

Re: For those who struck out at OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:What next? Switch to part-time and take another shot at OCI next year?

Haven't struck out yet but I've already switched to part-time in advance, just in case.

Action Jackson

Postby Action Jackson » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:What next? Switch to part-time and take another shot at OCI next year?

I'm a total dunce, and I go to a school without a part time program, so can you explain the logistics behind this? I'm curious (plus I've got friends about to enter schools with part time programs). Thanks.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Haven't struck out yet but I've already switched to part-time in advance, just in case.

Didn't realize that this was an option, but good luck! I am aware of at least 1 AJD at NU that has requested to transfer to the FT program so as to give him another shot at OCI next year.

truthypants

Postby truthypants » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Action Jackson wrote:

I'm a total dunce, and I go to a school without a part time program, so can you explain the logistics behind this? I'm curious (plus I've got friends about to enter schools with part time programs). Thanks.

The firms hire by when you graduate. So, you could potentially have a graduation date of 2012 (if you start off full-time) and do OCI this year. If you strike out, you could switch to part-time (and have a graduation date in 2013) and do OCI next year as well (hopefully with better grades, more work experience, etc).

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Um, you go find a job instead of expecting LCS to drop one in your lap?
Seriously, OCI aren't all there is. Do some research and leg work and go get some interviews!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:14 am

jennylynn wrote:Um, you go find a job instead of expecting LCS to drop one in your lap?
Seriously, OCI aren't all there is. Do some research and leg work and go get some interviews!

much easier said than done--very difficult to land a job once you strike out at OCI

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
jennylynn wrote:Um, you go find a job instead of expecting LCS to drop one in your lap?

much easier said than done--very difficult to land a job once you strike out at OCI

Of course it's not easy. But it can be done.

bwv812

Postby bwv812 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”