CLS EIP Offers 2010

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:When was your Willkie CB? Who called you -- screener or hiring partner?

CB was last Wednesday. The call was from a hiring partner.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When was your Willkie CB? Who called you -- screener or hiring partner?

CB was last Wednesday. The call was from a hiring partner.
Around what time did you get the call? I CBed yesterday morning. Too early to worry, or am I right to be neurotic?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When was your Willkie CB? Who called you -- screener or hiring partner?

CB was last Wednesday. The call was from a hiring partner.
Around what time did you get the call? I CBed yesterday morning. Too early to worry, or am I right to be neurotic?

It's too early to worry.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 pm

idea for making this thread more helpful, so people can figure out whether they might be on hold:

firm
offer or rejection
# days from cb

for me (not posting every firm to avoid outing self, but if everyone can chip in 1-2...):

Paul Weiss
Rejection (snail mail)
A little over a week.

Cleary
Rejection (e-mail)
A little over a week.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:05 pm

Proskauer
Rejection (email)
A little over a week from call back

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:12 pm

any Willkie dings yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 pm

For those of us who might not be getting an offer for big law, is it actually possible to get a big law job after you graduate by completing a one/two year federal clerkship, or is that just a myth?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those of us who might not be getting an offer for big law, is it actually possible to get a big law job after you graduate by completing a one/two year federal clerkship, or is that just a myth?
In a better market, probably. In this market, not necessarily. But maybe a clerkship is a good way to ride out the storm (assuming things will pick up again).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For those of us who might not be getting an offer for big law, is it actually possible to get a big law job after you graduate by completing a one/two year federal clerkship, or is that just a myth?
In a better market, probably. In this market, not necessarily. But maybe a clerkship is a good way to ride out the storm (assuming things will pick up again).

Isn't it harder to get a clerkship? And shouldn't I know this shit by now?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For those of us who might not be getting an offer for big law, is it actually possible to get a big law job after you graduate by completing a one/two year federal clerkship, or is that just a myth?
In a better market, probably. In this market, not necessarily. But maybe a clerkship is a good way to ride out the storm (assuming things will pick up again).

Isn't it harder to get a clerkship?
At the federal level, yea.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 pm

any offers from milbank? when did you hear?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:25 pm

for those of you doing Fall OCI: do you know how many screening interviews is DLA Piper doing?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Has anyone received any "calls of continued interest," so to speak, from firms you have offers with?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:22 pm

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:10 pm

I think I struck out at EIP. Had a couple callbacks but have been rejected from most (the rest have been too long since callback to think that I'm still in consideration). Anyone else in the same boat? Could use some moral support...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:33 pm

I received an offer over a month after my CB. V100 NY firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer over a month after my CB. V100 NY firm.

was this ny? seems non-ny offices have some of the longer cb-offer timeframes

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think I struck out at EIP. Had a couple callbacks but have been rejected from most (the rest have been too long since callback to think that I'm still in consideration). Anyone else in the same boat? Could use some moral support...


How many callbacks? I finished 3 so far, and haven't heard anything from them. I have a couple more to go on, but at this point I think it's super late in the game to be going on callbacks, especially because every firm does rolling offers.

While not having any callbacks sucks, I think striking out after having callbacks sucks even more because there was an increased expectation after getting callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think I struck out at EIP. Had a couple callbacks but have been rejected from most (the rest have been too long since callback to think that I'm still in consideration). Anyone else in the same boat? Could use some moral support...


I probably struck out too...4 callbacks, 3 dings so far. I've never been through anything that can mess with your self-esteem so much. Really makes you feel like you have a poisonous personality.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I think I struck out at EIP. Had a couple callbacks but have been rejected from most (the rest have been too long since callback to think that I'm still in consideration). Anyone else in the same boat? Could use some moral support...


I probably struck out too...4 callbacks, 3 dings so far. I've never been through anything that can mess with your self-esteem so much. Really makes you feel like you have a poisonous personality.

I feel your pain, brother. It's probably not your personality though. Firms seem to be just as cautious as they were last year. What are your plans now?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:43 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 am

Any new Willkie offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Any DLA callbacks yet? Did they say when these would happen?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:40 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any DLA callbacks yet? Did they say when these would happen?



Didn't they just interview yesterday?

Not the OP, but yeah. Don't callbacks come pretty soon after screening interviews? My callbacks from EIP were almost all within a day or two of the screening interview.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.