CLS EIP Offers 2010

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:24 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:30 pm

All kidding aside, if you don't have an offer from EIP, are your chances of working in Big Law minimal?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:31 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Anyone hear from Hughes Hubbard?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Has anyone gotten an offer from Cadwalader?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer from Cadwalader?


Interested as well, cb was over a week ago.

When I was at Hughes Hubbard, they said they probably won't even meet until after labor day weekend.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer from Cadwalader?

they fired some of the people they gave cb's to

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Those of you that interviewed at Kramer Levin:

Did the recruiting department say anything about their recruiting schedule. 1 wk after callback? 2 wks?

I'd like to know as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:59 am

From what I've gathered, the general rule is that you will hear within two weeks after a callback. Don't throw in the towel until then.

Trying to predict an individual firm's timeline is almost impossible, because it has more to do with when the hiring committee happens to meet. These meetings may occur irregularly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:05 am

Anyone have a sense of the # of SRZ offers given out yesterday? From what I've heard from fellow CLSers, it seems to have been roughly 50/50.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:09 am

Has anybody gotten a Latham rejection yet? I interviewed really early with them and haven't heard anything yet, although I know some others have gotten offers. I wonder if there's a post-callback waitlist kind of thing... or, maybe it just takes a while to process the rejection letters?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:15 am

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anybody gotten a Latham rejection yet? I interviewed really early with them and haven't heard anything yet, although I know some others have gotten offers. I wonder if there's a post-callback waitlist kind of thing... or, maybe it just takes a while to process the rejection letters?


impossible to tell, pointless to speculate. two week general rule applies

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a sense of the # of SRZ offers given out yesterday? From what I've heard from fellow CLSers, it seems to have been roughly 50/50.



Unsure. I know that of my immediate friends, we all got offers (so, that is 4 people, including me). I am a bit concerned of how high the yield might be, if they offered a ton (i.e., they get oversubscribed and then end up having too big of a summer class).


They're definitely a viable option for me. I prefer them to my other offers so far - and I really liked the "job security" speech MS gave at the dinner, it actually made me like SRZ more.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a sense of the # of SRZ offers given out yesterday? From what I've heard from fellow CLSers, it seems to have been roughly 50/50.



Unsure. I know that of my immediate friends, we all got offers (so, that is 4 people, including me). I am a bit concerned of how high the yield might be, if they offered a ton (i.e., they get oversubscribed and then end up having too big of a summer class).


they had an extremely low yield rate last year during the worst hiring season in CLS's history, so i'm guessing they're not expecting anything better this year

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a sense of the # of SRZ offers given out yesterday? From what I've heard from fellow CLSers, it seems to have been roughly 50/50.



Unsure. I know that of my immediate friends, we all got offers (so, that is 4 people, including me). I am a bit concerned of how high the yield might be, if they offered a ton (i.e., they get oversubscribed and then end up having too big of a summer class).


They're definitely a viable option for me. I prefer them to my other offers so far - and I really liked the "job security" speech MS gave at the dinner, it actually made me like SRZ more.


Do you suppose they intend to keep their promise to give 100% offers no matter what?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a sense of the # of SRZ offers given out yesterday? From what I've heard from fellow CLSers, it seems to have been roughly 50/50.



Unsure. I know that of my immediate friends, we all got offers (so, that is 4 people, including me). I am a bit concerned of how high the yield might be, if they offered a ton (i.e., they get oversubscribed and then end up having too big of a summer class).


They're definitely a viable option for me. I prefer them to my other offers so far - and I really liked the "job security" speech MS gave at the dinner, it actually made me like SRZ more.


Do you suppose they intend to keep their promise to give 100% offers no matter what?


I think they do barring any financial problems. It's heartening to see their NALP data vs. the 60-70% offer rates at other comparable (and even higher) firms over the last few years.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:22 am

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:23 am

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:There was no promise. They just told us how this past summer was.


you must have missed it. he said that they intended to do the same next summer. Maybe it's not a promise, but that's a pretty strong statement

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anybody gotten a Latham rejection yet? I interviewed really early with them and haven't heard anything yet, although I know some others have gotten offers. I wonder if there's a post-callback waitlist kind of thing... or, maybe it just takes a while to process the rejection letters?


impossible to tell, pointless to speculate. two week general rule applies


"Two week general rule" -- there is no such thing. The timeline for each firm is different. A "two week general rule is", like you said, pointless speculation. Knowing whether Latham has actually sent rejections, however, is meaningful. So I ask again, has anyone gotten one?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:31 am

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tlsposterdude90
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby tlsposterdude90 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anybody gotten a Latham rejection yet? I interviewed really early with them and haven't heard anything yet, although I know some others have gotten offers. I wonder if there's a post-callback waitlist kind of thing... or, maybe it just takes a while to process the rejection letters?


impossible to tell, pointless to speculate. two week general rule applies


"Two week general rule" -- there is no such thing. The timeline for each firm is different. A "two week general rule is", like you said, pointless speculation. Knowing whether Latham has actually sent rejections, however, is meaningful. So I ask again, has anyone gotten one?


you sound like a turd. enjoy getting lathamed

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:There was no promise. They just told us how this past summer was.


you must have missed it. he said that they intended to do the same next summer. Maybe it's not a promise, but that's a pretty strong statement



I don't doubt the sincerity, but they really can't plan this far in advance. If the economy tanks again, there is no obligation by any firm to offer 100%.

They did 100% for the 2010 summers. They did 65% for the 2009 summers (granted, that was a different situation). So, yeah, I would just be concerned with over-subscription given how many CLS people I've spoken with really do like the firm. It will be more than one acceptance this year, I imagine.


they said they wanted more CLS people, so I assume they'll address any over subscription by taking fewer people from lower-ranked schools.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273373
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:29 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.