CLS EIP Offers 2010

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: CLS EIP Offers 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:39 pm

ughh... almost 2 pm and no word from Schulte. Wonder how long it'll take for my rejection letter to get here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:ughh... almost 2 pm and no word from Schulte. Wonder how long it'll take for my rejection letter to get here.

one thing that i've figured out is how stupid it is to stress over this shit. most people burn out of biglaw in two years anyway and go into something far less prestigious. even if you get 0 offers, you're only missing out on the money. at the same time you're avoiding the hell of the first few years of biglaw.

not only that, but columbia has awesome LRAP. so the money isn't even that important, and even with no biglaw you aren't remotely as screwed as people at the vast majority of schools

anyway, that's one way to look at it.

and you may still get an offer and get to go to biglaw hell anyway

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:ughh... almost 2 pm and no word from Schulte. Wonder how long it'll take for my rejection letter to get here.

one thing that i've figured out is how stupid it is to stress over this shit. most people burn out of biglaw in two years anyway and go into something far less prestigious. even if you get 0 offers, you're only missing out on the money. at the same time you're avoiding the hell of the first few years of biglaw.

not only that, but columbia has awesome LRAP. so the money isn't even that important, and even with no biglaw you aren't remotely as screwed as people at the vast majority of schools

really? you think this is going to console people who didn't get any offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

really? you think this is going to console people who didn't get any offers?

When you say consolation, you're implying that there's something to be sad about.

My point is that fretting about this is a stupid waste of time. This site is full of annoying hand-wringers. Probably mostly females, frankly.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:00 pm

This argument can be moved to the EIP thread, where everyone else waiting for news doesn't have to read it. Any word from Dechert or Kirkland today?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When you say consolation, you're implying that there's something to be sad about.

My point is that fretting about this is a stupid waste of time. This site is full of annoying hand-wringers. Probably mostly females, frankly.

if this is a stupid waste of time, what are you doing in the offer thread?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When you say consolation, you're implying that there's something to be sad about.

You obviously know but are pretending to confuse the difference between being interested in what firms are doing regarding offers ( this is an important process and I'm not downplaying its importance) and being an annoying worrywort. There are quite a few of the latter on TLS.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

You obviously know but are pretending to confuse the difference between being interested in what firms are doing regarding offers ( this is an important process and I'm not downplaying its importance) and being an annoying worrywort. There are quite a few of the latter on TLS.

I'll be the first to admit how neurotic I'm being throughout this process. Excuse my venting. We can return to the important process part of this thread now.

Has anybody heard from Jones Day?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Take this elsewhere. Any other offers today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Has anyone heard from:

Jones Day NY
White & Case NY
Kirkland NY (aside from the one person who heard several pages back)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:36 pm

when did everyone that heard from schulte have their callback interviews?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:when did everyone that heard from schulte have their callback interviews?

over two weeks ago

did you go to the dinner?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:40 pm

no. i go to nyu. i was just hoping to get an idea of what I could expect. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:no. i go to nyu. i was just hoping to get an idea of what I could expect. Thanks!

Aug 19th... some people had them earlier. None of our offers went out until after the CB dinner.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:08 pm

results may vary for nyu kids because i think they were waiting for the dinner. if you dont have a dinner or something like that it might be different

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Pleasantly surprised that I got an SRZ offer as well, considering that I didn't think my CB went too well.

Has anyone heard from Jones Day (NY) or Ropes and Gray (NY)? I had my CB's with both about 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Pleasantly surprised that I got an SRZ offer as well, considering that I didn't think my CB went too well.

Has anyone heard from Jones Day (NY) or Ropes and Gray (NY)? I had my CB's with both about 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything.

This is secondhand but I have a friend with a Ropes offer. Interviewed around the same time as you.

Also, firsthand, got a Debevoise offer this week, two days after the callback.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Pleasantly surprised that I got an SRZ offer as well, considering that I didn't think my CB went too well.

This is secondhand but I have a friend with a Ropes offer. Interviewed around the same time as you.

Thanks. I interviewed with Ropes last Wednesday, the 25th. Did your friend interview before or after then?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks. I interviewed with Ropes last Wednesday, the 25th. Did your friend interview before or after then?

Before then, but I am not sure exactly what day.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Before then, but I am not sure exactly what day.

Fair enough. Thanks, and congrats on the Debevoise offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Fair enough. Thanks, and congrats on the Debevoise offer.

Thanks - congrats to you on SRZ. And keep up hope on Ropes. I know it's certainly not a good sign, but at other firms I have definitely heard instances of some people hearing quickly while some people also heard positive news 1 or 2 weeks later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:09 pm

First rejection. Dechert. Boom - here comes the flood.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:First rejection. Dechert. Boom - here comes the flood.

When was your CB? I'm expecting my rejection soon. :(

Return to “Legal Employment”