How many interviews did get at NYU

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: How many interviews did get at NYU

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Probably around Top 15-20% at a low T20. Still not sure how I got in.

I cant be sure about this, but I don't think the fact that you are top 15% instead of top 10% is going to make that big a difference. My guess is that employers say "oh look, this guy was smart enough to get into NYU as a transfer, he must be at the top of his class" and then leave it at that. Top 1% is probably different, but for those of us in the top 5% - top 15% range of our old schools (which is most, if not all, transfer students), I doubt there is much of a distinction in an employers mind, especially given the variability of where people are coming from.

I could be completely wrong though. Feel free to correct me.

Anonymous User

Re: How many interviews did get at NYU

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Probably around Top 15-20% at a low T20. Still not sure how I got in.

Just wanted to chime in to say that I'm in exactly your situation, except at the non-NY CCN (guess which school that is!). Will be very interesting to see how OCI turns out...

Return to “Legal Employment”